Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

A high SQ 18 in 7th gen 2001 Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Default A high SQ 18 in 7th gen 2001 Civic?

I love bass a lot. I love equal SPL with SQ. Loud bass that sounds distorted is NOT my thing.

TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" DVC Subwoofer

Apparently that woofer is one of the best in the world. Is it worth it to get that in my civic?

Another huge problem for me is I'm not good with my hands or hardware. I know nothing about boxes, and wiring etc. How much would this cost if I got a decent large box in the rear trunk for that 18 and mids and tweeters? 3 grand or more? What do you guys think I should do. Feeling frustrated. I want to build my own box but I'm not good with car audio AT ALL.

Running to say something like Geeksquad will just end up making me facepalm and walk away.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:13 PM
HCF Member

Why would you want such a sub? As I do not know your background or understanding of audio, I could not understand why you would want to jam an 18" into your trunk. I have been away from this forum for a very long time, but there are tons of knowledgeable people here. Read up a ton here and on many other dedicated audio forums. Find out what other people are doing. Check out any local car audio competitions and see what others are doing. Use it as a starting point. Don't just go out dropping $1,000 on a sub just because it might be one of the best out there.

T

Old 09-06-2011, 04:31 PM

TC Sounds is indeed a God in terms of car audio. Thing is, if your looking for sound quality and thinking this 18" woofer is it, you need learn alot. Sound quality comes from how you develop your setup. You need a quality headunit before you even start looking for sound quality. Then after you have your hu picked out, you need wiring with good shielding to get the sound from the hu to your amp. next you need an amp with outstanding quality and adjustability. Subsonic filters, low/high pass ilters, phase adjustments are all options a sound quality amp will have. Bass boost & gain won't cut it. next you need speakers and tweeters placed properly, then an electrical system o handle it all, THEN a nice ported subwoofer setup to feed your bass need. Building a killer SPL SQ system is timely and expensive. I did one in my impala and buying everythin at a steal cost me $2500. don't get me wrong, you could make a great sounding system with less, but if you want quality & volume, you have to pay.