Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

I need some install help

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Default I need some install help

Thats right, I bet you never thought youd see me asking for audio install help but I am stumped. Im about to attempt to put JDM navigation, climate controls, fuse box, and tape deck into a usdm 00 civic si. The guy brought all the stuff to me today which consits of the center bezel with the screen, the screen controls, the hazard switch and the new climate control setup. He also had the JDM fuse box and wire harness from the the fuse box to the stereo.

He told me after all his research he found you have to cut alot of the wires and splice them into the car and the rest plug in. ANyone ever have a buddy attempt this or know where I can find some usefull info on it, thanks.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:56 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I need some install help

Wait... are you talking about the pain in the ***/forbiddin hardwireing? If so, ill put a call into my old shop to get a wiring diagram. Just let me know.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:11 AM

No, this is not just a hard wire. I could do that in my sleep.

I am changing the fuse box (the one down by your feet) cahaning all the wires coming out of it and to it. rewiringthe entire center radio bezel which includes a 5 inch Honda OEM screen, and the JDM climate controls. the JDM hazard switch. then down lower where the pocket is i am wiring up the tape/tuner part, which is a standard honda plug with the antenna and the multiplex controls to the screen. I am basically rewiring the entire dash board harness. I really need a comlpete wiring guide to the usdm and to the jdm civic. In english preferably.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

I see what you are saying now. For a minute I thought it was just hardwiring the radio inwhich kinda made me scratch my head knowing where you work.

What you need to do is call a well known local joint that works on electrical, they will be able to fax you over a tech sheet for you.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:25 AM

Do you think they will have the JDM tech sheet theough, the USDM one is not a problem for me. I just done know what wires are what for the jdam stereo and climate controls not to mention the fuse box.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:49 AM
HCF Member

***. You are in one hell of a predicament.... Would euro and candadian cars be the same as jdm? If so, you could call a canadian shop.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:09 PM
HCF Member

LOL the canadian cars are the exact same as the american ones, the only difference between the SI's is that our 00 SI is your EX.. other then that they are the same..the EURO ones might be closer... i really don't know though

Old 06-15-2006, 01:09 PM
HCF Member

First and most obvious, But are the colors the same? I mean like the traces on them? I know its a long shot, but are there any plugs on anything already?