Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

My setup FINALLY getting put in today, check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 03:50 PM
HCF Member
Default My setup FINALLY getting put in today, check it out!

Alrighty, got my new system for the new civic all ready to go and I'm putting it all in today. This is gonna be fun.

Couldn't figure out how to post clickable thumb so check the big picture here
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...k_2007/amp.jpg

Not picture are
1)My Alpine CDA 9815 Head Unit, with 420i Ipod Adapter already installed
2)6.5 Infinity Components in doors, already installed
2)Polk 6x9's already installed

In the picture
1)Q-Logic 2 10's box, with 1 cubic foot in each chamber, will run sealed or ported, running sealed first, then might see if I like it better ported
2) 2 Alpine Type R 2ohm DVC 10 inch subs, brand spankin new!
3) Rockford Fosgate Punch 400a4...this AMP kicks old school ***, will be giving all the door and rear deck speakers 50 watts RMS, 100 Peak!
4) Brand new Alpine MRD-605, 600 Watt RMS Mono Block Sub Amp.

This system is gonna kick butt...I have older type r 10;s in my truck running off two Alpine V-power 200 watt rms each amps, I think this is gonna sound amazing, after i get done tuning it.
I will post pics of the car when finished.

Oh and ebay is your buddy...If I would have got all of this from local electronics store it would have cost 945 + Tax (not including the Fosgate)...I only spent 450 or so!

So what do you guys think?

Old 01-28-2007, 05:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: My setup FINALLY getting put in today, check it out!

i had that same box from circuit city.....make sure if your gonna run it ported that you either glue the tubes on the ports or something cause when i had mine my bass would always make them rattle off.Its not that big of a deal but its a pain when it starts to do it every 15 minutes and i would think you would know how bad it sounds when one of those falls off...lol

Old 01-28-2007, 05:44 PM

you are gonna be pimping it up!

Old 01-28-2007, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

Your going to be really happy with the type R's

Old 01-28-2007, 07:15 PM

I love my 2 type R's sharing a 2 channel sony amp with 2 crunch speakers... there that good.. I can only imagine if I wasent too lazy to wire up a 3rd amp.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

dito with the glue....
also some duct tape also works good

i just glued my old 4inch aero port ends and the tip is came loose and rattles now... still gotta pull it off and just tape the crap outta it!

preaty nice setup. i was gonna go with 2 15 type Rs but then after doing all the calculations i figured i couldnt fit both 15s so i just decided to stick with a single 12inch sub and push alot of juice to it
just need enough cash to buy the stuff now. LMFAO

Old 01-28-2007, 09:17 PM
HCF Member

[align=left]youll love the type-r's cant think of better subs for that price. Im not a big fan of polk or RF but ill give credit where its due and say you'll def. enjoy that set up, nice clean and even, nothing should over power anything else, let us know how it is!
[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 01-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Recognized HCF Member

thiers only two types of RF amps that i like.... like that the more old school..... and now thier new style amps...
i plan on geting one of thier T2..... for my next amp.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:13 PM
HCF Member

i heard those t2's suck ALOT of power though......

Old 01-29-2007, 12:26 AM
HCF Member

Ya, I've only owned Type S and Type R subs, and I had two Old School JL W6's about 5 years ago.

It's all in and it sounds amazing!!! I have some engine noise from a bad patch cord, so I left the kick panel and all that off so I can run a new one tomorrow...it was getting way to cold out there and everything is closed today.

I got the R's wired at two ohm together and they are sharing that 600 (637 actually) RMS watts from the Alpine amp...they thing thumps good and the car speakers keep up with the base...gonna tune it up tomorrow with the equalizer and do the time correction and all that good stuff.
I mounted the amps under my seats...that way if somebody breaks into it, they won't get everything, and I have Recaro's in there so there is enough clearance underneath, and the Punch you can still tune without taking the seat out, the Alpine shouldn't have to be screwed with much.
To dark now, put I will post pics tomorrow.

Quick Reply: My setup FINALLY getting put in today, check it out!