HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual & Electronics (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Need some help Please (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/need-some-help-please-75545/)

DNkG 05-15-2009 11:19 AM

Need some help Please

Hi i only recently got my car and today i had an aftermarket deck installed. I noticed that the speaker in the passenger door is no longer working but the passenger tweater is. Im really not sure if that speaker was working before today or not, it seems like they would have installed everything correctly if the right tweater is working right? Any suggestions? Thanks

trustdestruction 05-15-2009 06:04 PM

Just check the wiring. Something behind the deck is likely wired wrong, or behind the speaker there is some loose wiring.

Shbek 05-15-2009 09:13 PM

In all honesty, I doubt they checked to make sure your tweeters were working. So long as there is sound appears to be coming from the four speaker locations, I doubt they'd bother sticking their ear by every speaker.

I'm not sure what model of Civic you have, but in mine the tweeters and front speakers run to the deck with the two same wires. They are connected in the door. So if one is working and not the other, the problem lies in the wiring in the door. I had a similar issue with my driver side, BOTH tweeter wires were disconnected. Nice to know they're connected so well. :P

DNkG 05-16-2009 05:44 AM

my tweeters work, its the passenger door speaker :(

Shbek 05-16-2009 08:34 AM

Exactly, I'm saying either could come loose, in my case it was my tweeter. They join the wires from the tweeters and the speakers to run it to the stereo. I'm assuming a speaker wire came loose there.

It should require half an hour of work or less to get the door panel off and check, if not I'm sure the shop that installed your stereo could take care of it as well.

DNkG 05-16-2009 07:39 PM

Alright cool, first im gonna try to get the car audio shop to see if they can fix it.
BTW I like the tint on your car, is that 20% all around? what did you go with on the sunroof? looks really good

Shbek 05-16-2009 08:12 PM

If you aren't confident doing it yourself, they should be able to fix it if you don't mind giving them some money :P

Good guess - Its 27%, no tint on the sunroof. I didn't think of asking about the sunroof when I said I wanted all the windows tinted as dark as I legally could.
I'd love darker but the legal limit is 27% and I have enough issues with having a bright red car. I'm going to be painting it a darker red pretty soon. Also, I'm debating getting like a 5%-10% sheet and tinting the sunroof dark as heck.

DNkG 05-17-2009 02:14 PM

Yea im thinking about doing the sunroof really dark, it sucks having a clear sunroof. The only problem is my front window has a nasty scratch where the wiper blades run and i wanted to get like a factory style sun tint on the top. i dont know what to do, im actually thinking about replacing the front windsheild but i dont have too much to spend :(
Is the front window 27% too? do you find it hard to see at night?
thanks

trustdestruction 05-17-2009 02:16 PM

Tinting the windshield is stupid. (the strip at the top is fine though)

Shbek 05-17-2009 03:52 PM

Nah, front is clear. I'd like to get a 3" black strip to go across the top, but I badly need a new windshield. I love tinting in the front, I usually wear dark sunglasses in the day, at night lights bother me a lot. Like trust said though, its a pretty stupid idea tinting the front. :P