Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

need help subs arnt working

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Default need help subs arnt working

how do i install my subs currently i have them running to an amp i think the wiring could be wrong could u give me a wiring diagram or somthing

Old 01-09-2007, 07:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: need help subs arnt working

you could have searched....

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/upfi...8600BC435B.jpg

Old 01-09-2007, 07:17 PM

thx for the pic.....what is the rca wire

Old 01-09-2007, 07:30 PM

do i need to have two fuse or can i just use the one on the amp

Old 01-09-2007, 08:21 PM
HCF Member

The best way to run an amp's power system is to have 2 fuses, close to the power source, and the item being supplied. If you buy a kit in the store, they will come with a little in-line fuse holder for under the hood, run one end to your bat, the other to the little fuse connector. Most are tube shaped now, and have a round cylinder fuse inside, and 2 terminals on each side with a set screw.

Run that to your amp, and find a good frame or body ground in the trunk to ground the amp to. Make sure your ground is tight, very tight so it won't vibrate loose.

Your remote wire hooks up to your car's stereo, usualy a blue wire labeled remote, or +12 amp, etc.. This tells your amp to come on when your radio is on, and turns it off when its off. If you don't have a remote or can't find it, you can run it to any +12 output, like your aux power, but make sure its one that dies when the key is off.

Your RCA wire is your sound transfer, the signal from your head unit to your amp, telling it what notes and tones to play. Some amps offer a speaker-level input for signals, but these are worthless really, only for people with old cars or factory amp replacements. A good RCA should be gold plated and shielded, and about 20 feet long, 1 black or white plug, 1 red plug. Match these from your stereo output to your amp's input. Some head-units have a front and rear output, some even have a sub output. If you only have one, use that, if you have two I would go with rear.

If your amp uses a 30 amp fuse, and only 1 I would use a 30 amp fuse up front, if you have problems with it popping every now and again, try a 40 amp, some people have problems with smaller fuses, but if it pops constantly, check your power wire, its grounding somewhere in the vehicle, or on the amp itself due to a stray wire strand maybe touching the amp's body.

If that doesn't clear you up, post again, I will we will do what we can ! :-)

Old 01-10-2007, 09:19 AM

thanks alot that helpd so much i will do that ina couple of minutes

Old 01-10-2007, 09:28 AM
HCF Member

and next time search man...

and you DEFINATELY need a fuse, blowing your amp sucks

Old 01-10-2007, 09:40 AM
HCF Member

The best thing that Is also to post pics of it so we can get an idea.If you don't have a digi it is a good investment cause I got over 1,500 pics on my computer do you know how much it would of cost to get them devloped alot.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

^ +1, i got one for Christmas and it makes life easy

Old 01-10-2007, 06:42 PM

i fixed it it works now it sounds ok not the greatest

Quick Reply: need help subs arnt working