Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

What setup would you use?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Default What setup would you use?

Havent decided on the headunit im getting, but I have a few subs/amps in my room and I dont know which setup I want.

I have

2- 10" Kenwood Typhoon Subs (and a box for them)
2- 12" Sony Xplod 1200 Subs (could get a box, Or would individual boxes be better?, Ported or not?)
1- Jensen 600w Amp
1- Dual (walmart) 600w Amp

I imagine they would be in the trunk, unless I find some kickass way to put them under the seat or something.

My buddy has an 03 Corolla S and With a sony headunit, infinity speakers and a rockford P3 With a Rockford 900w amp. It sounds AMAZING. Which setup would get me near his?

Old 12-13-2008, 04:18 AM

Anyone? could I use one amp per sub even though they dont match?

Old 12-13-2008, 10:38 AM
HCF Member

I would sell that stuff on craigslist and then hit ebay with a budget.... I spent $600 so far and i got a good setup... only like $300 away from having an amazing system

Old 12-13-2008, 12:42 PM
HCF Member

I picked up a pair of JL Audio 10w3V2s AND a Rockford Fosgate Punch P5002 from a friend of mine for $180; My HU was $249, My components were $130, my Linear Power 1502IQ was $165 and my e2 dual amp wiring kit was $50!

That was the first iteration of my budget system in my 1997 Honda Civic EX and it was a whopping $774 for EVERYTHING! The current system I am running in there is still less than $1,000 but takes up way less trunk space!

Old 12-13-2008, 08:05 PM

Out of what you have I would use the Jensen amp and the Kenwood Subs. 10's tend to be more punchy and 12's tend to be more deep... pick accordingly, to your preferences. If you listen to rock mainly, I would use the 10's; if you listen to rap/hip-hop mainly, i'd use the 12's.

Truthfully I'd take all that stuff, except the subs you want to use, to the pawn shop and sell them... then get a new amp according to the subs.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:12 PM
HCF Member

It's all junk.... sell it! Specially that wally world Dual.
None of that equipment will last. The subs maybe !
Your friends "system" is also nothing to write home about.
Aim higher my friend. The stuff you have listed is all on the same level of the playing field.
It really all depends on what you are learned into listening for, and what your expectations are!
my humble opinion.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:14 AM
HCF Member

I'm gonna be honest with you and tell you that the jensen and dual is complete crap and is some of the worst stuff you can buy. The Kenwood and Sony stuff is ok, but you can get way better for the same price. I vote sell all that stuff and buy some new stuff.

also, none of your stuff will get you near your friends. that stuff is simply not as good as rockford or infinity.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:12 AM
HCF Member

the last poster .... sony stuff okay? are u kidding me. dude, u might as well use those subs as a paper weight..... i rather have no subs then sonys. do what everyone else said. find a 15 year old who wants to make noise and think hes cool and sell him that crap

Old 12-14-2008, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by eloplayspolo
the last poster .... sony stuff okay? are u kidding me. dude, u might as well use those subs as a paper weight..... i rather have no subs then sonys. do what everyone else said. find a 15 year old who wants to make noise and think hes cool and sell him that crap
Not everyone is going for a super high quality setup or a competition setup. Sony subs will do the job and sound fine... just not if you want a super high quality setup.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:54 AM

I listen To any and all, Rock, Hip Hop, Rap, Country. All depends on my day.

I think the subs are half decent? kenwood is a decent quality known brand, sony is kinda "rice" if you catch my drift, but I agree the amps could use improvement. Theres a guy with the same 10's as me but the kenwood 760w amp and they pound decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IEhUivBzQw

Quick Reply: What setup would you use?