HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/canada-over-seas-elsewhere-32/)
-   -   Insuring a CTR (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/canada-over-seas-elsewhere-32/insuring-ctr-3527/)

FallingFlat 03-04-2005 12:49 PM

Insuring a CTR

Hopefully this thread will get some replies even though this certainly isn't the most active board on this forum :)

I'm thinking seriously about purchasing a Type R Civic (test drive's tomoz, yay!) and have been fishing around for quotes. I've just turned 25, have 1 year's no claims bonus (had a bump in '03) and an SP30 (speeding in a 30 zone) so I'm not expecting miracles. However Direct Line, who I'm currently insured with have quoted me £1,600 which isn't the best :eek: I've phoned Norwich Union who quoted just under £1100 with an excess of £320 and a windscreen excess of £60 but I still think/hope I can do better. Obviously I will keep on researching but I was wondering if any of you guys know which companies are likely to be friendly to young-ish Type R drivers.

Thanks

Kappa22 03-04-2005 04:48 PM

RE: Insuring a CTR

Well, I know this isn't going to help at all, but in America, we like call those prices "Paying through the nose." In other words, that's a LOT. But I think insurance is probably just generally higher in Europe, so...

milanoCTRjonuk 03-04-2005 08:02 PM

Hiya dude. Im 21 ive been driving since i was 17 so iv got 3yrs behind me, my insurance is fully comp with tesco, now on the net you'll get a totally diff quote from if you pick up the phone and,well, phone. My insurance is £890 but i pay monthly and so it wud of been £810 aprox. My Excess is a Compulsory £250 because of age (21-24) and i wacked another £350 as voluntary excess to bring it down.So all in all my totall excess is £600, so basically ill have to do £600's worth of damage or over before i use my insurance, otherwise i could pay out £600 for a £400 joby...Also Norwich union do a 9month (or 10)Booster programm where ull pay for for 9mnths and get a yrs worth of NCB...as long as you dont make 1 claim at all in 9mnths...as youve only have 1NCB and your 24 i wud of thorght the lowest youll find would be £1200 bt ya neva know!!

FallingFlat 03-05-2005 12:53 PM

You're 21 huh? That's a nice car for a 21-year-old, nice going :) I'd just bought my 1.25 Fiesta at 21 [&o] Anyway, that Norwich Union booster program sounds like it's worth looking into. I'd like to think that I'd be able to pay less than £1,200 even though I have only 1 year's no claims, simply because I'm 25. But at the same time that is an amount I can accept, especially given the fact that this car will be such an improvement over what I currently own (the Fiesta, as mentioned above).

I test drove the Type-R today and wow! V. nice :D

Thanks for the help.