HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   The Chop Shop (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/chop-shop-46/)
-   -   Contest Idea!!! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/chop-shop-46/contest-idea-60101/)

Luke_Jones 02-03-2008 11:15 AM

RE: Contest Idea!!!

fedex is right up the ally with USPS...I'd be game for that. Cpt Morgan would be kinda cool though too. Let just all decide on one and get rolling:D

steveabbott 02-03-2008 11:26 AM

ok so were pickin our own car to chop and were finding a brand or company to promote?

Cocacola would be cool

TBon3 02-03-2008 11:35 AM

I think Coke would be fun. You could do a lot with the deep red and the white.

+1 for Coke

Luke_Jones 02-03-2008 11:40 AM

I think it would be a fun contest to all promote the same brand/company and choose your own bse for the chop....thats what I was thinking it would turn into anyway.

GReddy_Civic 02-03-2008 12:55 PM

well whatever itis we are doing...figure it out!!!!

TBon3 02-03-2008 01:27 PM

I think it would be much more difficult to vote if we all did different products.

So let's do Coke.

Will we have to provide an original image of the car?

steveabbott 02-03-2008 03:49 PM

im thinkin we should decide on a product EX. coke (anyone aposed to that or have any other thoughts) and then we'll have to have a base car to chop..

problems with choosing own base:
-people using old chops and just pasting on logos
-people using other peoples chops
-people using already modded vehcile pictures

now the only problem i can see is if we have poeple NOT doing anything to the car and just paste on logos...

now im thinkin if we do we should have a coke theme maybe? not just a coke car.. like a race car with coke grahpics... like a whole theme of it.. somthin wild

TBon3 02-03-2008 05:01 PM

I think letting people choose their own base will give the competition a lot more depth. If we have one car, everyone's will turn out looking really similar.

It's easy to fix all of those problems: put it in the rules. Just say it has to be an un modded car in anyway, and tell them to send you the pic of the original AND the chop when they submit, so you can verify.

Also, I think most people will do the race car thing. People will be more inclined to vote for something wayy detailed and decked out than just a car with a logo on it. So if you wanna win.....

steveabbott 02-03-2008 07:20 PM

hey i didn't think of asking them to send the original too goood that takes care of that problem....

TBon3 02-04-2008 08:41 AM

Set it up! No one said no to Coke, and you're one of the guys who sets it up. Since no one else gave their opinion, just do it. I wanna get started :D