HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/detailing-41/)
-   -   Bad stain on seats (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/detailing-41/bad-stain-seats-84771/)

gooberguy 08-17-2010 10:14 PM

Bad stain on seats

I accidentally left a stick of deodorant in the back seat on a hot summer day, and the whole stick melted all over the seat. I managed to get some of it off, but now there is a big nasty offwhite kind of stain on the black seats.

any tips or tricks to get this off?

supersize 08-17-2010 10:22 PM

dont lie, thats not deodorant :D

j/k haha, my advice would to be to goto lowes, rent a carpet scrubber with a hand attatchment. boil water, dump the boiling water in the scrubber with a cleaning solution, and goto down. the hot water should melt it and let it be sucked up. i would immagine you will always have a greesey spot there, but it should get 90% of it up. while your at it, remove your front seats and clean all the carpets and seats. Make your car smell fresh! i need to do it to mine again haha, i got stains everywhere.

mach1racer 10-11-2010 03:42 PM

Take out the seat first and
do the above but also use some good laundry soap like Tide.
should help take out that greesy crap.

Lucky#7 12-06-2010 11:45 AM

If there was a contest for the worst stained seats, I would win! Having kids, they spill everything. Thanks for the tips, I will be trying that out this weekend!! :o)

MBrent 12-06-2010 11:34 PM

there is no way that water is going to work efficiently on an antiperspirant stain. its hydrophobic. i would google what to do if i were u. josh doesnt wear deodorant so he wouldnt know how to get it off lol...

94civichatchback 12-07-2010 01:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MBrent (Post 744395)
there is no way that water is going to work efficiently on an antiperspirant stain. its hydrophobic. i would google what to do if i were u. josh doesnt wear deodorant so he wouldnt know how to get it off lol...

ROFL

Attachment 8723

supersize 12-07-2010 08:15 PM

plain water probably wouldnt, but with a cleaning solution, it would. water dosent directly break down deodorant but it will remove it. otherwise you would never have to re-apply.

94civichatchback 12-07-2010 08:54 PM

ok...ok... im done being rude and laughing......so ill give advise now

i have 2 kids, best advise get a spray bottle put 1/4 liquid laundry detergent and 3/4 water (hint put water in first) then shake bottle a little, spray on stains, and use a scrub brush, it will look brand new, also works on carpet

MBrent 12-08-2010 01:43 AM

Comparing skin to fabric is stupid. Using ur reasoning, wine shouldmt stain fabric because it washes right off of my skin. Fabric is porous and rough, and skin, when compared to fabric, it quite the antithesis. All im saying is that supers logic is flawed. Antiperspirant is by design, hydrophobic. All soap does is make the area slippery so that stains or contaminants can be washed away. Water based solutions will work to a certain extent, but not nearly as well as a solvent designed to break down the chemical composition of said stain. If such a solvent exists, and is safe for use on fabric. Im not sayin ur retarded josh, im just saying that theres a 93 mustang running around alabama somewhere with a deodorant stain in the back seat from my highschool football days. No amount of soap and water of any temperature would completely remove it... sorry for grammar and punctuation, and spelling too. Droid keyboard sux...

94civichatchback 12-08-2010 08:03 AM

laundry detergent works! it removes the Antiperspirant from our clothing each time we wash our clothing