Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

its about time!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Default its about time!!!!!!

im finally ready to paint my car and i was wondering where can i get it sprayed really good for the best/lowest price (im on a budget)?
btw...im only planning on painting the front bumper and fenders

Old 08-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Default RE: its about time!!!!!!

Thats kind of a location specific question and cause you didnt list where you are from bout all you can really do is pickup a phone book and call around!

Old 08-18-2006, 08:51 AM

MACCO :P.. ive heard they usually do crappy jobs but they are cheap.. u get what you pay for unless you know someone..

Old 08-19-2006, 07:10 AM

o...i forgot to let yall know im in queens, ny but any where in NY would be fine...thanx again

Old 08-19-2006, 07:52 AM

ORIGINAL: mentaldis0rder

MACCO :P.. ive heard they usually do crappy jobs but they are cheap.. u get what you pay for unless you know someone..
maaco will do a decent paint job if there is good prep work done to the car, but prep work isn't cheap. so if i were you i would remove all the moldings, trim, and weatherstripping, and make sure all the surfaces are clean

Old 08-19-2006, 07:05 PM
HCF Member

A chimp could throw paint, it's the prep work that makes the final outcome. Unless you're using House of Kolor paint, the most money is going to be in the prepwork.

Old 08-20-2006, 12:16 AM
HCF Member

MAACO is not good. friend of mine told me they were terrible at puting stuffs back together. and color match is TERRIBLE
2000 CIVIC ex: paint to Yellow cost 900, dents removal included, no tax, paint body kits too. no door jams and underhood.
Hope the info helps

Old 08-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Ben

Yea maaco im pretty sure did my old ranger (brother had it painted before I got it) and paint started chipping off and it just wasn't quality......although it was cheap so I guess he got what he paid for.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:33 AM

the maaco's by all of you guys must suck, the one by my house paints show cars and stuff, i know they pay more, but it can't be too much more.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:13 AM
HCF Member

I'll give you an example from personal experience, my shop is attached to a body shop. 1: Maaco about $900-1000, a real body shop qoute @$5000 for a whole car. Whats the difference?? paint is paint right? How hard can it be to sand and then respray???? Well lets see, a real shop replaces trim that needs to be, they sand and smooth down high spots in the paint. Most paints are multi stage now(Honda Milano red for example is a Tri-coat, primer, base coat pearl layer and then clear coat) How many layers of paint does Maaco use(I don't know myself) Do they mask off the or remove trim pieces? How qualified at paint matching and blending are they? Whats there warranty? Do they clear coat or not? There are a lot of variables with paint and todays paint ain't exactly the lacquer of eras gone by. Just make sure you ask before getting your car sprayed. Go to a reputable body shop before going to MAACo. Find out WHY they usually cost more. Just my two cents on the subject.

Quick Reply: its about time!!!!!!