Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

wash and wax ?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:24 PM
HCF Member
Default wash and wax ?

i have this container of carnauba wash and wax from a brand called "kit" and noticed it says "Use on cool car surface." well, my car is black, and has been sitting in the sun for a few hours. needless to say, it's anything but cool. does it really matter? or will something happen with the wax that won't turn out right? i'm kinda thinking it doesn't matter, but i could see how maybe it wouldn't turn out like it should and the wax could be visible all over the car. any suggestions? i was thinking of either going ahead and doing it now, or waiting till the sun starts going down..give it a good rinse first to help cool the surface as well.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:26 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: wash and wax ?

you wont get a good shine cause it will like dry up to fast so you wont get time to work it in as much. Its better to do it on a cool car and in the shade.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:32 PM
HCF Member

thanks for the quick reply. i don't have anywhere in the shade i can wash it in..but i can leave it in the garage overnight then back it out and wash it before it gets too hot.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:15 PM
HCF Member

Washing in the sun isnt that bad its the waxing part. I know this all to well casue i live in an APT complex and dont ahve driveway or private parking so i hve to wax outside all the time.

What i do is park behind a 5 story garage in my area at the righ time where the sun isnt hitting my car directly and just go one panel at a time till im done. Normally takes me like 2 hours or so.

Got any tall buildings around that you can park next too?

Old 10-12-2007, 01:51 PM
HCF Member

the problem is that it's a wax and soap. so it's pretty much a one shot deal. which would make it hard for me to find shade and access to a hose. i'm either gonna do it tonight after the sun goes down, but not when it's too dark.. or tomorrow morning. though i think i'm gonna be doing some drinking tonight...shooting for tonight before the drinking.