HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   ECU Tuning & Fuel Management (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ecu-tuning-fuel-management-33/)
-   -   emanage (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ecu-tuning-fuel-management-33/emanage-44609/)

stylincompact 05-18-2007 05:58 PM

emanage

hey guys i ahve the greddy kit with emanage for my 98 civic. i was wondering if i dont put the emanage in right away or no fmu what will happen? can i away with driving it for a short distance

ic892003 05-18-2007 06:56 PM

RE: emanage

i woudlnt do it, and i know a few ppl who run e-manage boosted, but a lot of ppl on this forum say its not the way to go, better to get ur ecu chipped and then tuned

stylincompact 05-19-2007 11:37 AM

guess what im asking is im very nervous on starting my car since the rebuild and i dont want to spend more money if it blows. so will it be safe to atleast start it it without a fmu?

FlipHKD720 05-19-2007 12:58 PM

so youre saying driving a turbo kit on the stock ECU? :eek:i imagine you could maybe start it, but i dont evne know about that, why dont you want to put the emanage in?

stylincompact 05-19-2007 01:27 PM

i have to wire it in. but i was gonna buy the harness to to just plug n play but its a 180 bux that i dont wanna lose if the motor pops

SE_2_EG 05-19-2007 06:13 PM

I run emanage. I reccomend buying the engine harness, injector harness and datacable(does not come with basic unit) It almost comes to a standalone with all the harnesses, but by the time you buy all that it would be the same to buy a p28 and get a tune. It works well as a temporary set up, driving around on a base map for crome or uberdata isn't a good idea.

ic892003 05-19-2007 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: SE_2_EG

I run emanage. I reccomend buying the engine harness, injector harness and datacable(does not come with basic unit) It almost comes to a standalone with all the harnesses, but by the time you buy all that it would be the same to buy a p28 and get a tune. It works well as a temporary set up, driving around on a base map for crome or uberdata isn't a good idea.
yea deff need a tune if running the crome basemap, but se how do u like emanage so far and how long have u had it any problems?? also wut turbo u running?

stylincompact 05-20-2007 06:59 AM

im running the greddy kit for obd2. so how would i run a p28 and crome if im obd1. will i pass emissions going obd1?

Forty04 05-21-2007 04:35 AM

emanage is crap

FlipHKD720 05-21-2007 08:03 AM

ORIGINAL: stylincompact

im running the greddy kit for obd2. so how would i run a p28 and crome if im obd1. will i pass emissions going obd1?
you need a conversion harness along with a P28 ECU and its a simple plug n play, although the chipping/tuning of the OBD1 isnt as simple, you'll need a person who really knows what they're doing for that.