ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Fuel Injector problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Default Fuel Injector problems

I've got a 1993 hatch back that is built into a ministock circle track car that i race on weekends. the car is completly stock engine and drive train wise.

recently, the car began litterally eating fuel injectors.

the car runs really great, and will run for some time (about 8 races), but then it starts to break down, and miss under high load. the car also stumbles bad off idle and has poor throttle response.

I KNOW its a fuel injector problem, because i can litterally take the injectors out, shake them, and put them back in the car, and have it run another 10 min problem free before going back to its poor running.

So, naturally, i figure its a bad injector/injectors. I changed all the injectors for a set of newer ones i had, and the problem was fixed, for about 2 race nights, and then it went through that set and began acting up again. so the car is on it's third set now in about 4 weeks, what the heck?

the car is a circle track car, so it pulls from about 5000 to 7300 rpm repeatedly for like 10 min or so without break. but there are other hondas running without these problems. i have a adjustable fuel pressure reg. set at 50 psi, and the spark plugs look like they are running perfect, not rich or lean.

anybody have any ideas?

I have tried wigling the connectors to get the hesitation and roughness out, but the only thing thats worked is physically removing and replaceing them. I've tried two bottles of injector cleaner too..