HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   ECU Tuning & Fuel Management (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ecu-tuning-fuel-management-33/)
-   -   HELP!! CEL : Code 43 (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ecu-tuning-fuel-management-33/help-cel-code-43-a-54700/)

danomatic93 10-28-2007 06:55 PM

HELP!! CEL : Code 43

EDIT: I pulled the code again today because this time my car threw a code at 40mph. This time it was code 43 and not code 4.

Hey, so I've been getting the Crankshaft Position Sensor CEL ever once in a while, normally when I'm accelerating hard onto the freeway. I went to pull the the first time and pulled it but didn't clear it yet. I then started my car (93 civic coupe) and it was cleared. So wtf?! I have now been clearing it on the freeway by turning the car off and back on at 70mph, properly, that is. So, why is it clearing itself? And, is this just that the sensor is going to crap? Thanks!!!

danomatic93 10-29-2007 07:24 PM

RE: CEL : Crankshaft Position Sensor

bump

whitworthsean 10-30-2007 06:22 AM

Ok I dont really know the awnser to that, but mine is coming on also,I never knew there was a way to clear it how do you do it properly? and if mine or yours is "going to crap" what can happen?

danomatic93 10-31-2007 08:33 PM

HELP bump

fivespeed 11-01-2007 07:45 PM

I pulled a Crankshaft Speed Fluctuation CEL once and after looking at diagrams and searching my engine bay for a while I finally found the problem: the alternator belt I think was rubbing away at the wire that leads to the sensor!
So cut and replaced the damaged section of the wire and rerouted it so it wouldn't rub anymore...problem solved.

Just make sure you check for the obvious first. You might have some bad wires or connections or maybe a bad sensor.

wirphotos 11-05-2007 02:53 PM

Yeah guys the wire for the sensor probably fell out of the clip and is rubbing against the belt. I had that happen, the dealer screwed up when they changed the timing belt.

RonJ 11-05-2007 07:44 PM

The BACK UP fuse (7.5 A) in the under-hood fuse/relay box is used to provide power for storing CEL codes in the ECU when the car is turned off. As you may know, removal of this fuse for 10 seconds is an easy way to erase CEL codes from the ECU. I suggest that you check whether this BACK UP fuse is blown. If so, the ECU would be able to store CEL codes when the car is running but the codes would be erased when the car is turned off. The BACK UP fuse also functions to store clock and radio presets when you turn off your car. Do you by chance also happen to lose clock and radio presets when you turn off your car?

I assume that the CEL code you have retrieved is 4. Pictures here and in the next post may help you troubleshoot this separate problem.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25538/500FC4438CD84788B6FACADCAE6D4D32.jpg[/IMG]

RonJ 11-05-2007 07:45 PM

Last picture...

[IMG]local://upfiles/25538/AE39436C3095453AB661C22081373523.jpg[/IMG]

danomatic93 11-05-2007 07:50 PM

thanks!

My clock and radio retain their memory. I have yet to check the wiring because it's freakin' cold outside. Plus, it hasn't done it in a while, lol, it's stupid.

RonJ 11-05-2007 09:53 PM

Back to the drawing board. I missed the fact that the abnormal clearing of the code is linked to starting rather than turning off the car.

Do you happen to remember the specific CEL code you retrieved?

When the CEL turns on does it remain on until you turn the car off?