ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Learning how to tune :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:39 AM
shawty
Default Learning how to tune :)

Heyyy Fellas

Soo I NEVER thought in a millions years I'd own a honda and I do now...never in a million years would I ever have thought I'd enjoy working on Hondas and I do now... Never in a million years would I ever thought to learn how to tune Hondas and this is where I'm at now.

Alright my Boyfriend and his friend currently pretty much own doing all the swaps and work on 87% of hondas on the eastern shore of MD his friend knows how to tune and is going to help me learn how to do so, in case he isn't available to tune for someone.

He uses CHROME for tuning, but I know there are other turning programs out there.

What program is most user friendly?

I did not come up with the idea of me learning how to tune, My boyfriend put it in my head since he knows I'm ridiculously good with numbers and mathematical equations and such.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:57 PM

Do some searching. There's a lot out there.

I prefer the Hondata s300.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:00 PM
shawty

Okay awesomeee thanks

Old 05-06-2010, 02:03 PM

I've never used it but I'm pretty sure Crome is considered the most user-friendly.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:06 PM
shawty

That's what I've heard as well..
I'm really excited to start to learn it hopefully this weekend he'll be able to show me a few tihngs...

Old 05-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Snail'n Admin

lololol. wow. umm ok. If youre just learning, neptune will pretty much tune itself if you know what buttons to push. crome isn't that user friendly. fyi, your free programs are garbage for the most part, they have a lot of bugs and glitches and a huge lack of features that your things like the s300 and rtp have.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:48 AM
shawty

I was actually planning on buying a program once I learned everything I need to learn...

Plus this is still in the stages of "Is this something I really want to get my self into."

But thanks for the info

Old 05-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Snail'n Admin

now....what program would you buy? For yourself I hope. You dont really buy a program for "customers". They supply the the ECU with piggy/chip, and you tune it.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:53 AM
shawty

Oh I know I just really want to learn to tune for my self and my car and once when I get it under my belt, then yea maybe i'll do other peoples for them but I don't really want to twalk int othis tuning other peoples cars and F*cking them up ya know?

And Idk I haven't really had time to research which ones to go with the only three I've heard anything good about are Hondata, Uberdata and CHROME...

My friend has a programs to tune V8's he let me play with one day (I know COMPLETELY DIFF) Everyone says it's really hard to learn but I really don't see how it's that hard...

Do you have any suggestions?

Old 05-13-2010, 03:30 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

It's CROME, no H, just Crome.

There is enough info here to keep you reading for the next year or so, good luck: http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view.pl

Quick Reply: Learning how to tune :)