ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

new to forum,new to Imports,so if this is in the wrong place let me know

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 06:16 AM
HCF Member
Question new to forum,new to Imports,so if this is in the wrong place let me know

Had an odd thing happen on the way into work.Im in St.louis,Mo. i have to be at work at 6:30 am..NO ONE is on the hiway i had just picked about 10 days ago my first import a 2000 Civic hatch with a full SI conversion B16A.
With aftermarket intake,throttle plate,injs,adj pressure reg,MsD AL,and coil,Header,full perf exh.CXT clutch,flywheel,etc..very light carbon fiber hood,all AC componets gone..but a very nice job done by someone on the Hatch liked the body style and got it..im not babbling there is a point to all this info.

Well i see no cars,clear road,22 degree cold air and i go in it it pulled like crazy when it got into the 5500 rpm range,shifted at 8200-8300--went like a little rocket.Oh yes forgot been dropped an inch EIBACH springs,sway bars,and poly bushings all over the damn place-So im at about 112 in 4th-shift and it pulls until 118 and it went to sleep...im thinking WTF did i break

so i get to my shop and i have a young man there thats a honda guy,he told me i ran into the fuel cutoff...okay..so how the hell do i get around this damn thin.

how frustrating.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:51 AM

Going 118 on a public road isn't the greatest of ideas. Also, how much higher do you want to rev the motor?

If you want to rev out higher, you would need to get a chipped ecu with a tune on it. Many of us would recommend a p28 ECU, or a p30 ecu (I believe that's what you have with a b16a) Check out http://phearable.net/ I have heard great things from a bunch of member from here.

Once chipped, you would then select which program you would want to use. Crome, Neptune, ecTune, Hondata are all options. If you are not doing the tuning yourself, check to see which program your tuner is most comfortable with. Personally, I would recommend Hondata (www.hondata.com).

I am not sure if you are able to get a piggy back (Greddy E-manage, Apexi Vafc) to adjust your rev limiter. Mainly because I don't have a lot of experience with that type of stuff (piggybacks in general).

Research, read, and search forums in order to find information. Once you understand everything, it isn't as complicated as you might think.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:16 AM
HCF Member
Exclamation

i KNOW about the whole triple digit thing on the hi way and i was alone,i am 50 and have been driving fast cars forever.I made sure if something went wrong id be the only person to suffer for it-i do not take speeds like 100+ lightly.
Well as far as revs go at 118 in 5th it was only turning 4200 rpm..and had no guts.
Have done some reading and hondas use a fuel cutoff,so that would explain why it went flat.American iron will kill random cylinders at the rev limit.Feels
nothing like the Civic did.
Thanks for the input,this is a well built car with a good balance just want to get all of what it has to offer.