HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   ECU Tuning & Fuel Management (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ecu-tuning-fuel-management-33/)
-   -   OBD2b to OBD2a (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ecu-tuning-fuel-management-33/obd2b-obd2a-44690/)

Tegls1 05-19-2007 09:43 PM

OBD2b to OBD2a

Has any one ever converted there obd2b cars to obd2a. I have an obd2a gsr harness in my 99 si and the harness in the car is obd2b. I am using a gsr obd2a computer. I don't want to have to repin the whole ecu plug so did anyone ever did this conversion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

MY99SI 05-20-2007 04:17 PM

RE: OBD2b to OBD2a

its practically the same thing i wouldtn go through the hassle of doing it.. the only conversion i'de do is go to obd1

FlipHKD720 05-20-2007 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: MY99SI

its practically the same thing i wouldtn go through the hassle of doing it.. the only conversion i'de do is go to obd1
+1, why do u need to convert?

Ibeleive any OBD1 ECU can be chipped/tuned for any application which is why that conversion is so useful

Tegls1 05-21-2007 06:49 PM

I am not doing this conversion by choice. If I had a choice I would put the correct harness and ecu in the car. The reason why I am doing it is because my car was stolenand this is the only harness I could get with an ecu. I don't really care that the ecu is chipped. Also I dont want to go obd1.

MY99SI 05-22-2007 07:33 AM

im not sure how the harnesses are.. they could be identical or the could be totally different, it would be easy to go to obd1.. a obd2a or b jumper harness into the obd1 ecu.......... and DONE lol thats it

Tegls1 05-22-2007 12:57 PM

I don't want to go obd1 and even if i use the harness I will still have the same problem. In the obd2b the green plug that goes to the car's harness has less wires than the obd2a. There is a difference between the two. I can rewire it but I dont have a honda manual so I can look at the wiring diagram for the 2 ECUs. If somebody could get me acopy of that I could do the conversion and post the correct procedures so the next person that does this conversion ( I don't know why they would want to do that) but they would have the instructions on how to do it. Oh and the only diagram I need is the one of the green plug for both versions.

Tegls1 06-04-2007 09:01 AM

Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the green harness plug that comes right after the ecu plugs? I need the diagram for both obd2 ecus. Btw its the plug that links the harness to the car. Thanks.

Tegls1 07-04-2007 09:07 PM

Well since nobody on this board knows anything about automotive electrical wiring, I might as well solved my problem myself. I thought sombody would atleast done this conversion before but I guess I was the first to actually do an ecu swap without buying a harness conversion. It was fairly easy to do and took me 30 minutes to do. I must be one of the only good techs on this site. Well anyways Im selling harness conversion kits So let me know what you need and I'll see ifI have it orI can make it.

CJ Harbin 06-01-2019 11:13 PM

Obd2b to obd2a

Originally Posted by Tegls1 (Post 424062)
Well since nobody on this board knows anything about automotive electrical wiring, I might as well solved my problem myself. I thought sombody would atleast done this conversion before but I guess I was the first to actually do an ecu swap without buying a harness conversion. It was fairly easy to do and took me 30 minutes to do. I must be one of the only good techs on this site. Well anyways Im selling harness conversion kits So let me know what you need and I'll see ifI have it orI can make it.

Can you still do this???? Need an obd2b to obd2a to bypass a faulty immobilizer

cvcrcr99 06-02-2019 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by CJ Harbin (Post 798430)
Can you still do this???? Need an obd2b to obd2a to bypass a faulty immobilizer

Doubt it. He was last on this site a minute after posted that comment. He never returned (at least while signed in)

"Last Activity: 07-05-2007 01:08 AM"