HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   ECU Tuning & Fuel Management (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ecu-tuning-fuel-management-33/)
-   -   Plugs, and wires. (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ecu-tuning-fuel-management-33/plugs-wires-75202/)

Overurhead360 05-01-2009 07:14 AM

Plugs, and wires.

TUNEEEE up time. again. but this time, wondering if theres diff option, then just stock stuff again. Probably guna replace my distributor cap, cuz i get watter in it liek nothing, and throw codes everytime it rains. and i get missfire codes randomly but they dnt stay i just take out each plug, clean them abit, and they all work fine, but its been a while since i swapped everything. opinions? facts? anything.

BX_Civic 05-01-2009 08:07 AM

Im interested in this info as well since i need to do a tune up soon too.

trustdestruction 05-01-2009 05:11 PM

OEM NGK V-power spark plugs
OEM wires or NGK if you must (not necessary though)
OEM cap
OEM rotor

don't get MSD ignition, it's a waste of money

honestly, for the wires/cap/rotor you might as well just go with whatever the auto parts store has. I use the cap and rotor with the gold plated terminals or bronze or something, i don't remember exactly what it is.

plethoric33 05-02-2009 07:50 AM

How does water manage to get in everytime it rains?

scoob8000 05-02-2009 02:50 PM

Water in your dizzy? Are you sure the o-ring is sealing right?

When I bought my cap, Autozone was out of the stock unit so I bought one of the clear Mr Gasket cap and rotor kits. It's kind of ricey looking, but cool at the same time. :)

Set your valves without pulling the cap, and see what kind of shape the terminals are in at a glance. :D

Overurhead360 05-02-2009 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by plethoric33 (Post 639946)
How does water manage to get in everytime it rains?

lol, lets just say there's some pretty huge puddles. and the seal must be gone. so oem is still what i should do?

aztecaa 05-23-2009 11:04 AM

when do u change plugs cap rotor?

I bought my car in 2006 with all current records from dealer.
It had 94000 miles on it.

I have 112000 miles on my car. How and when should u change the spark plugs, rotor and cap?

2000 Honda Civic DX

Thanx Az

rcherr642z 05-23-2009 08:53 PM

not sure what the intervals are according to the manuals... i change mine around 40,000 miles or so... they can probably last longer, especially on newer cars that advertise 110,000 miles before tuneup... thing is, if you wait 110,000 miles before you take out your spark plugs its gonna be mighty difficult to get them out and you just might take a few threads out of the head in the process....

always put some antisieze on the threads of the plugs before installing..

personally, i hate msd brand everything... but i love the look of thicker plug wires.. i had a 2000 accord and got some thick accel wires and they looked awesome...

also, replace the distributor rotor while you're at it, they're pretty cheap and if youre doing the cap as well, well its right there...

aztecaa 05-25-2009 12:40 PM

checked plugs!

My brother n I checked the plugs this weekend and they r all burning ok...but noticed that each one was rounded on one side all the same rounded spot.
Soooo, I think I will replace them with NGK Split Fire. I read somewhere in the forum that that is the plug to get!

Am I correct?:rolleyes:

trustdestruction 05-25-2009 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by aztecaa (Post 644714)
My brother n I checked the plugs this weekend and they r all burning ok...but noticed that each one was rounded on one side all the same rounded spot.
Soooo, I think I will replace them with NGK Split Fire. I read somewhere in the forum that that is the plug to get!

Am I correct?:rolleyes:

All you need is NGK V-power. Don't waste your money, V-powers are great. And they're only $8 a set of 4.