ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

seafoam engine cleaner???

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 08:35 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by enigma34
where is the vacuum hose? and do i need to change oil after running it throu vacuum hose?
When i use this i just poor the whole can in a full tank of gas. I want to suck it thro the vacuum hose so i can see how much smoke will come out of my hx which has 233k miles.
Look at your fuel rail. There's a fuel pressure regulator on it. Gently twist and pull that vacuum line off at the FPR while your car is running (and in park or neutral with e-brake set). Your car will have a hard time idling with that vacuum line off so you may have to open the throttle a bit. Put 1/3 of the bottle into a plastic cup. Use the vacuum from that line to suck up the SeaFoam.

Watch the smoke and cleansing ensue!

Old 03-05-2010, 09:51 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by norbster86
Look at your fuel rail. There's a fuel pressure regulator on it. Gently twist and pull that vacuum line off at the FPR while your car is running (and in park or neutral with e-brake set). Your car will have a hard time idling with that vacuum line off so you may have to open the throttle a bit. Put 1/3 of the bottle into a plastic cup. Use the vacuum from that line to suck up the SeaFoam.

Watch the smoke and cleansing ensue!
ok i put 1/3 of it throu the line, it didnt seem like a lot but i found a bottle that said 1/3 on it so i used that.. I didnt get much smoke, i made a video of it lol ill post it.

How offten should i run it throu the vacuum?

edit: i used a hose that was connected to the fire wall that lead to the top back of throttle body

Last edited by enigma34; 03-05-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:19 AM
HCF Member
Unhappy

i didnt use that line, so i think im going to do it agian..

EDIT, OK IM DOING IT AGIAN AND I PUT IT IN THAT HOSE AND IT SOUNDS LIKE ITS DOING BETTER WITH THAT HOSE. SO IM GOING TO HAVE A SMOKE WIAT 10-15MIN AND FILM IT AGIAN. ILL POST THE FIRST VEDIO AND THIS SECOND ONE.

Last edited by enigma34; 03-05-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:38 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Superfly
Where do you get seafoam? Just from autozone or somewhere like that?
My walmart has it for 8.99

Old 03-05-2010, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Superfly
Where do you get seafoam? Just from autozone or somewhere like that?
I got my last bottle at wallmart. so yeah its everywhere

Old 03-06-2010, 08:24 AM

you know, I'm not sure. I didn't even know about Deep creep spray. I guess I will go look it up.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:14 AM
HCF Member

i did it today, it was extremely easy, and i have a noticeable improvement in acceleration smoothness, maybe 20%. Just put it in my crankcase, waiting a little bit to go change the oil.

It is even easier if you take a rubber hose and connect one end to a funnel. then the other directly to the intake manifold where a vacume hose would go. then you can measure ahead of time and pour it in gradually. hold your thumb in the hole at the bottom of the funnel when you arnt pouring so your car wont stall. I did it by myself with nobody reving and it didnt stall on me.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:09 PM

I Seafoamed the civic last weekend. I sucked the fluid (1/3) thru the small hose on fuel pressure regulator (going into the intake). Let sit for 10 mins, started, then let the smoke fly! lmbo...im suprised the fire dept, didnt arrive hehe. a few days later i sprayed Deep Creep into my throttle body and intake, let sit for 15 mins and much of the same, but not as much smoke. the Deep Creep is a nice product, definitely cleans and lubricates. im not sure how much "better" my car is from doing it. my tranny issues always seem to overshadow everything else :/