HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   ECU Tuning & Fuel Management (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ecu-tuning-fuel-management-33/)
-   -   Want more VTEC? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ecu-tuning-fuel-management-33/want-more-vtec-10428/)

Clean98EX 09-19-2005 05:41 PM

Want more VTEC?

This weekend i installed my Jackson Racing VPAC (VTEC Controller). The installation can be confusing, but with a Haynes manual, it's doable. With only 6 or 7 connections you can adjust the VTEC engagement from 3000-6000rpm. It is so awesome, the VTEC kicks in sooner and much harder than before. I would advice all vtec owners to ditch their VAFC's and go with this system. It's really fool proof!!! Just turn the dial where you want it and let her fly!!! And for around 180 bucks, the price aint to bad either.

-btw- Whenever you see someone in a cavalier or peon, let them know that their cars are good for mice to have sex in and that's about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEVIII 09-19-2005 05:44 PM

RE: Want more VTEC?

I do like this one better because it also changes the AFR maps instead of just the changeover points.

chaseman1978 09-19-2005 05:49 PM

would it work good in a 94 civc w/ 1.6 VTEC w/ auto trans. ? I would love to get more pep off the line...

Clean98EX 09-19-2005 06:05 PM

Sure it would. Although i must warn you, naturally aspirated engines are recommended to stay above 4000rpm. Otherwise the engine just can't keep up. another cool thing is it has two LED's on the unit. One red that lights the JR logo when the car is on. And another that lights the VPAC blue when the VTEC is engaged. It's really awesome at night!!!

ngoti 8tor 09-19-2005 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Clean98EX
the VTEC kicks in sooner and much harder than before
I can see how it kicks in sooner, but how can it kick in harder unless you change the cam?

Clean98EX 09-19-2005 06:58 PM

quite simply, with the more fuel and the vtec engaged, the change felt more significant!! I have a compcams stage 1. Just waiting for the cash to get springs/retainers and have it installed.

fast93civic 09-19-2005 07:56 PM

I dont quite get it, if you set the vtec ingagement say at 5500 rpm's, what would the difference be between that and it kickin in at about 4000? What is it, like held back anger, the more its held back, the harder it backfires or what lol?

chaseman1978 09-19-2005 09:23 PM

Sure it would. Although i must warn you, naturally aspirated engines are recommended to stay above 4000rpm. Otherwise the engine just can't keep up. another cool thing is it has two LED's on the unit. One red that lights the JR logo when the car is on. And another that lights the VPAC blue when the VTEC is engaged. It's really awesome at night!!!

at what RPM does the VTEC engage at stock settings?

Pete 09-19-2005 11:15 PM

4500 i believe on the D16z6

SkItZiAnIsT 09-20-2005 11:32 AM

This weekend i installed my Jackson Racing VPAC (VTEC Controller). The installation can be confusing, but with a Haynes manual, it's doable. With only 6 or 7 connections you can adjust the VTEC engagement from 3000-6000rpm. It is so awesome, the VTEC kicks in sooner and much harder than before. I would advice all vtec owners to ditch their VAFC's and go with this system. It's really fool proof!!! Just turn the dial where you want it and let her fly!!! And for around 180 bucks, the price aint to bad either.

-btw- Whenever you see someone in a cavalier or peon, let them know that their cars are good for mice to have sex in and that's about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nah theyre to small to have sex in... theyre just good for mice, thats it...