ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Default wont start

so i have a 90 civic hb.drove fine everyday,i had to get surgery on my sholder so i couldn't dive if for about a month.so finally im able to use my arm and wanting to drive my car.try to start it and nothing k so it's the battery right.i got another battery and my car then want's to start but doesn't and all my lights,brake lights,dome light dont turn on the only thing that does work r my hazards.please help i checked all the wires that hook up to the battery and there all connected

Old 08-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Recognized HCF Member

-Check for blown fuses under the dash and hood.
-Check for spark at the plugs and listen for priming of the fuel pump.
-Pull the carpet back from the ECU under the front passenger dash and check for trouble codes blinking from the LED.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Chubby Chaser

check your ground wire... double check the battery wires and make sure everything is tight
make sure battery is charged..

Old 08-10-2009, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by RonJ
-Check for blown fuses under the dash and hood.
-Check for spark at the plugs and listen for priming of the fuel pump.
-Pull the carpet back from the ECU under the front passenger dash and check for trouble codes blinking from the LED.
checked all fuses all good,i have no spark when i connected the battery,dont here anything when i conect.i have a p30 it doesn't have any blinking LED.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Oh, you have an OBDI P30 ECU. Then jump the service connector and watch the blinking code(s) from the CEL.

Click Spark link in my signature. This tells you how to check for spark at the plugs.

Turn the key to ON(II). Do you hear the low humming sound of the fuel pump priming for 2 seconds?

Old 08-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Chubby Chaser

did you check the main fuse box under hood there is little square red and yellow boxes make sure they aint blown and aslo they have screws on each side of them.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
did you check the main fuse box under hood there is little square red and yellow boxes make sure they aint blown and aslo they have screws on each side of them.
hey i checked the red and yellow little boxs and they were blown,i replaced them and now i got power back to my lights and everything but still wont start,thanks for that one

Old 08-10-2009, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by RonJ
Oh, you have an OBDI P30 ECU. Then jump the service connector and watch the blinking code(s) from the CEL.

Click Spark link in my signature. This tells you how to check for spark at the plugs.

Turn the key to ON(II). Do you hear the low humming sound of the fuel pump priming for 2 seconds?
for some reason my ecu,i dont c any light on anywere,i will try the spark plug later,and when i turn the key to on (II) i dont here the low humming im suppose to

Old 08-10-2009, 11:46 PM

I really appreciate your guy's help,im almost there

Old 08-11-2009, 02:18 AM
Chubby Chaser

you are still lacking power9(+-12v) from somewhere.
recheck all your fuses under hood and dash..
have you tried to jump the starter...
put car in nuetral first then turn key to the on position and on the starter there is 2 wires going to it...take a good piece of wire and touch both pieces on the starter together to start engine..

Quick Reply: wont start