HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   ED-EF Swaps (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ed-ef-swaps-35/)
-   -   88 DX to B 16 J spec swap issues (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ed-ef-swaps-35/88-dx-b-16-j-spec-swap-issues-29799/)

RamAirTurboPerf 09-28-2006 12:06 AM

88 DX to B 16 J spec swap issues

Hello
I reciently installed a turbo system for a customer in his 95 D series V tec civic in trade as payment I recieved a 1988 civic with a J spec B16 swap already installed,I was given all the original paperwork for the eng/trans/ECU and harness that was installed in the car it was out of a Vtec SIR Civic I believe he said that was removed with 33 thou clicks on everything from japan I have the actual Vin # of the vehicle it was removed from incase it is needed to actually identify the vehicle if need be,
Now the car was raced for about a year or so and then stored for the past 2 years while he was away fighting in the mid east, when he returned he purchased a newer 95 Civic and had us install a turbo system on the D series while he waited for a B18 J spec swap setup he ordered to arrive for next season , I ventured into this deal with the intention that it was to be used as one of our shop vehicles at the track,I wanted to be able to compete with the FWD crowd with one of the most popular desired vehicle/driveline combinations also turbocharged aswell outhere,
after he picked up his 95 completed the next day we went to pick up the car witch was on sept 24 /06 a few days ago and when we went to start it to drive it on the trailer we found out since it wouldnt start that in the end there was no injector pulse or spark,I had a new in box distributor and installed it hopeing that was causeing the problem but it still had the exact same problems now the wireing was modified from the original design to accomidate the B16 swap and he does not have the diagram or any memory of all the rewireing that was performed, My question is if there was any member that would have the wireing diagram for the DX to B series V tec swap??
I am sure with some time and a multi meter I can get her started again and rtunning properly but a good swap wireing diagram would be or huge assistance and drastically shorten the repair time because time is a huge issue I do not want to take to much time away from customers manifolds and systems tro work on this problem if possible so if I can straighten the problem out it would allow me to get started on boosting Her, If anyone can help I would be very apreciative and I am also willing to extend the offer of assistance with some turbochargeing needs in way of some sort fabrication of something or a needed component for the correct information/suggestions

Thank You in advance for your time and efforts

315 Customs 10-01-2006 05:44 PM

RE: 88 DX to B 16 J spec swap issues

heres a pretty good website for the wiring diagram here

sounds to me though that the resistor box went bad if your getting no spark and already tried a new distributor