HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   ED-EF Swaps (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ed-ef-swaps-35/)
-   -   89 civic std,4spd...zc swap ???s (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ed-ef-swaps-35/89-civic-std-4spd-zc-swap-s-18539/)

chef 03-14-2006 09:20 PM

89 civic std,4spd...zc swap ???s

hi guys,i've read through most of this forum and i haven't seen anything about putting a zc into a std model.mostly i would like some info on the tranny part.im almost sure that i cant (and dont want to)use the 4spd. id like all the info you guys can supply me about the rest of the swap too.thanks a lot for takin time out to school the new kids..o yea not that matters but i only paid 175 for the thing.good deal i think

ef4life 03-15-2006 01:15 PM

RE: 89 civic std,4spd...zc swap ???s

i don't know much about the 4 spd, but i am pretty sure your could swap it out with the 5 spd with minimal work. you might need the 5 spd linkage and shifter assemblies which wouldn't be expensive

finalimpact 03-15-2006 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: chef

hi guys,i've read through most of this forum and i haven't seen anything about putting a zc into a std model.mostly i would like some info on the tranny part.im almost sure that i cant (and dont want to)use the 4spd. id like all the info you guys can supply me about the rest of the swap too.thanks a lot for takin time out to school the new kids..o yea not that matters but i only paid 175 for the thing.good deal i think
if you intend on using the zc tranny(dohc zc) you will be required to swap out your hubs as the zc axle splines are larger than the std model. id personally recomend an si tranny and if your good with your hands build a zc/si hybrid and this will still allow you to use your std model axles. your 4spd linkages are the same as the 5spd linkages so no worries about that. also(still assuming your talking dohc zc) you will need to do a mpfi conversion. your dpfi intake manifold will not bolt up to the dohc zc head.

chef 03-16-2006 01:29 AM

i do intend on useing the dohc motor.Are the hubs the only thing on the drivetraine i have to swap out??What hubs are they?I would like to buy the zc/combo off of one the internet sites I have surfed.Im ok with my cars(done trannys befor)lol...in a past dsm life)and also how hard is your hybrid si/zc plant,this site has got my mind workin.I like my 175$ beater now.But im not sure yet that i can make this car move the i want it too...i would like to thank all off you who replyed 2 my posts..i feel bad about askin but i need some rock solide intel on how i can get this car to **** or get off the pott. :-) just tha red neck in me..take no mind...none the less if no intel comes about..It'll be just anothere one those beaters that you say ..."damn if i had that car"..id do THIS...???

chef 03-16-2006 01:37 AM

thanks

EFOptmst 12-01-2006 10:58 PM

If you are going to get the zc combo with zc tranny you will need 90-93 integra axles.