HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   ED-EF Swaps (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ed-ef-swaps-35/)
-   -   b16a1 swap please reply! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ed-ef-swaps-35/b16a1-swap-please-reply-14867/)

smokingemcee 01-04-2006 10:43 PM

b16a1 swap please reply!

Ight I am ordering my first b-series!!!!! yeah!!!!! I am putting a b16a1 into my 1990 si hatch. I just wanted to know if I'm missing anything?

This is what I'll be getting for the complete swap:

Im going to order through hmotorsonline, my friends ahve had great experiences with them

Motor
- Cable Tranny (Y1, S1, J1)
- ECU (PR3, PW0)
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed
-Integra axles
-avid b-series mounts
-avid b-series linkage
-rear engine bracket
-vtec subharness
-vtec wires, misc wiring

Am I missing anything?

Pete 01-04-2006 11:17 PM

RE: b16a1 swap please reply!

30 pack of miller light.

smokingemcee 01-05-2006 10:52 PM

hahaha, how could I forget!

Pete 01-05-2006 11:08 PM

Seriously though, get a new timing belt and water pump, as changing them with the engine out is cake.

finalimpact 01-05-2006 11:11 PM

not to mention replacing the rear main seal would be a good option as you would have to drop the tranny if it were in your car and leaking. like stated above replace the items that can go bad that are also hard to get to with the motor in the car.

sacicons 01-05-2006 11:20 PM

clutch and maybe flywheel.

smokingemcee 01-06-2006 05:56 PM

I have just enough money for the swap, and I am out of a car right now!

ugly86integra 01-06-2006 11:26 PM

i was just wodering why you want to go with a b16 ? unless your car will be an all out drag car, an ls would be a much better choice. i know everyone thinks it's way cool to have a b16, but they dont have any torque what so ever and you have to rev the piss out of em to get any real horse power too. a b18 has lots more torque and makes a very good street racing motor with very few mods. with a good header, intake, and a lil spray, your car could run in the low 12's with one in it! :) plus a b18 costs half of what a b16 costs too!
if ya want to spend lots of money then go with a k20 swap! those things run really good in a hatch or crx! there's a gutted crx in tampa with a pretty much stock k20 in it, and it ran like 11.43 last month at track day! just think how it could run with a lil spray too! :D

ef4life 01-07-2006 09:12 PM

you will need a new throttle cable if your car is dpfi. other than that new oil and filter and you got every thing i can think of

smokingemcee 01-08-2006 09:39 PM

yeah, b16 is a powerful engine with one important thing I want. . . . .V-tec!!!! You don't get that with an ls engine. And I don't know where to get a obd0 ls swap. Torque, hmmmmm. I am going to boost my b16 before summer so I will have much more torque then a ls. I would never diss on the ls they are nice, but I b16's are the **** too.

Oh yeah my car is an si, so It's multiport, I know I do need a integra throttle cable for my swap or a bracket to use the stock one.

This is the plan. B16a1 with lsd tranny, 7 psi custom turbo kit with good efficient fuel system (not sure yet), skunk 2 or blox intake manifold, and gsr cam shafts, adjustable cam gears, stage one racing clutch, light pulley, aftermarket ignition, hyper ground system, then steet tune and dyno tune. I should be pretty fast. I also don't believe in using nos. I would go all motor before I spray.