HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   ED-EF Swaps (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ed-ef-swaps-35/)
-   -   Distributor Help!!!!???? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ed-ef-swaps-35/distributor-help-82426/)

91civic91 04-23-2010 01:01 PM

Distributor Help!!!!????

I have a 91 Civic Hatchback that HAD a b16a1 in it and now it has a b18a1 in it... I have everything swapped and used the harness from the b16. I am trying to figure out how to wire up the distributor... I have looked at hundreds of pages and yet to figure this out... Here is what I have:

Coming out of the distributor I have a Yellow/Green, blue, blue/yellow, white, and a beige looking wire... These were pinned to a 6 prong plug.

Coming from the Harness I have the following wires: I have a blue/green, blue/yellow, orange/blue, orange, white/blue, white, and a big white, and they are pinned into a Circle plug...

I am at a loss for the following:
1. Do I use the circle plug or square plug to wire the distributor
2. Which colored wires from the circle plug go to which colored wires on the square plug?
3. How many wires in the circle plug should have power going through them when the motor is turning over? (I have two, the white one and white/blue one)

Any help is appreciated... I am at a total loss... The most detailed help would be appreciated... Thanks

94civichatchback 04-23-2010 01:54 PM

it sounds to me like you are trying to wire up a obd0 distributor into a obd1 harness. they sell conversion harnesses on rywire.com

91civic91 04-23-2010 06:18 PM

ok, So I have the harness for the b18... would I be better of using it? The only problem with that would be that it don't have the fuel injector ECU on it... its been cut off... so could I wire the one from the B16 harness to it?

94civichatchback 04-23-2010 08:00 PM

yea you can use the wire from the other harness and fix urs.

91civic91 04-27-2010 01:27 PM

Ok, Now I have the Wiring harness on the motor that belongs to the motor... I have the distributor hooked up but am not sure where the cam sensor wires too... is there a diagram available somewhere that shows where each individual plug plugs too? Thanks

94civichatchback 04-27-2010 06:03 PM

here is a link to a complete pinout for your ecu

http://hondaswap.com/reference-mater...pinouts-28667/

Rellikmac 04-28-2010 07:41 AM

you may be albe to use other wires to fix yours

91civic91 04-29-2010 05:56 AM

Between the Distributor and the Cam Sensor wiring I am lost... I am far from an automotive electrician... It drives me insane when I get figure something out... I can't get the guy to buy the conversion harness... So i told him he was going to have to find someone that knew what the hell was going on... My confusion is that the Distributor has a blue, blue/yellow, white, beige color, and a green and wire yellow coming out of it... (6 prong plug, 5 wires) He has depined this plug and I don't know where they go because they don't match up the the 2 oranges 1 white/blue and the white, and fat white wires on the other end of the plug... Idk where the blue/green and blue/yellow wires that come from the passenger floor go. and I don't know where to wire in the Cam sensor... I am a 70's ford guy... if all else fails wire it to the batter :D... I have never worked on anything like this where you have to mod the harness and stuff. So how to wire the distributor, cam sensor, and blue/green, and blue/yellow wire for dummies would be greatly appreciated... Pictures step by step, color to what color... I am lost... and I know what its like to teach someone who don't know what they are doing... Especially over the computer so Any ATTEMPTS are appreciated... lol

Here is EVERYTHING that I have and need help with:
-The wires coming OUT of the Distributor are White, Beige?, Blue/Yellow, Green/Yellow, and blue... Which wires match to which wires on the male side?
-The harness has both the male 8 prong plug (7 wires) and the male 6 prong plug (5 wires)... they both have 2 oranges, white/blue, fat white, and white... The 8 prong plug (7 wires) also has the blue/green wire, and blue green/yellow wire ran to them...
-The Cam sensor has a red and white wire coming from them... where do they wire to?
-If i use the 6 prong plug (5 wires) for the distributor where does the 8 prong wire (7 wires) with the blue/green and blue/yellow run too?

The wiring diagrams that everyone sends me I have no idea what they mean... Like I said before Im used to late 70's fords... all you need is a batter, alternator and distributor... anything else is optional! So this is allll new for me... Anyone who can help this Civic/Integra Illiterate guy would be greatly appreciated! :D Thanks

94civichatchback 04-29-2010 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok, im gonan try to help you out as much as possible, its really hard to do this online, im more hands on.

so what i need to know

what year and what harness you are using.
what year and distributor are you using and whats the distributor code

here is a pic where to look it will be on one of the sides
Attachment 12073

also if you can plz take some pics and post them for me.

91civic91 04-29-2010 11:40 AM

The Civic hatchback is a 91, and we have a 1.6 and 1.8 harness... He believes the 1.8 is out of a 92 because it has a cam sensor? I will get you the code off of the Dizzy as soon as I can tonight... Thanks for the attempt to help :D