HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   ED-EF Swaps (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ed-ef-swaps-35/)
-   -   What should I put in a CRX! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ed-ef-swaps-35/what-should-i-put-crx-37704/)

TIcivic00 02-08-2007 10:07 AM

What should I put in a CRX!

I'm getting 2 crx's and there completly stock there both 1991s. What swap does anyone recommend me doing. I was thinking of going with the simple zc swap.

Powermidget 02-08-2007 11:33 AM

RE: What should I put in a CRX!

ZC arent as reliable as other motors....it really depends on how much money you are willing to spend,weather or not they are mpfi,and how much work your going to do yourself...

B18A1(140hp) is a cheap swap (tons of torque)that would be good for boost in the future (10psi on stock block)

B16a(160hp) is a little more expensive(less torque more power)...if you get it with an lsd you car will be a rocket (i had one) (good for na or boost)

B18c1(170hp) is the next step up...good torque and vtec...best for a na set up (requires an extra tranny mount for hydro)

or you can do a mini me swap and give yourself vtec...this is cheapestbut has the least powergains

Tater 02-08-2007 06:31 PM

I would suggest a b18c1 because it is a quick zippy motor and is a good swap

LarsonSi_0091 02-09-2007 02:03 AM

hey would you be willing to sell one of those motors?

TIcivic00 02-09-2007 08:41 AM

Yea if I get the crx's i'll sell one of the engines.

Marty 02-09-2007 09:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Powermidget

ZC arent as reliable as other motors....it really depends on how much money you are willing to spend,weather or not they are mpfi,and how much work your going to do yourself...

Why is that???????????

TIcivic00 02-09-2007 10:44 AM

i wnat to do the zc swap because its and easy increas of hp with little to no modifications. i was also thinking of going with a b16a if I can find the info to do it myself.

Powermidget 02-09-2007 11:06 AM

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: Powermidget

[/blockquote]

Why is that???????????

Well if it is a sohc it's a dinosaur...parts dont seem to be as easy to get and my friends that have had them have had all varieties of problems...could have been bunk motors but i've seen more positive experiences with the non zc sohc or dohc....mpfi or dpfi will make a wiring difference but ifhe gooes zc and matchs the fi ofthe crxwith the engine i guess he'd be fine...how much work he wants to put in is how much money he saves on the swapand how much money he wants to spend with that in mind might make for a better motor

Pete 02-09-2007 11:34 AM

^Really doesnt matter. If you do the swap right, any honda motor will be just as reliable and long lasting as any other.