EG Swaps 1992-1995 Civics

92 Honda Civic Ex engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 04:00 PM

My bad, I have no idea where I saw 88-91. I spend so much time on this damn forum that I am getting threads mixed up. I need a break haha

There was no 96 SI motor in the US. Are you from canada? They had SI's, but they are the same as the USDM EX's with a D series motor. The seller was BSing you. The only thing which I can see him making a huge fuss about is the hydrolic mount on the driver side. Which to me is not a big deal. LOL you are sure he used the SI mounts just because he said so?

Anyways, you can use your current mounts actually. Just get the 99-00 Civic SI B16 driver side 2 bolt post, and use the Integra B18 rear t bracket.

Or you can go with an after market mount set-up from Hasport. You would still have to get the B16 driver side 2 bolt post though. That is, if the motor has the "normal" integra 3 bolt post on it. If you are going aftermarket, stick with hasport, they will not steer you wrong.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
My bad, I have no idea where I saw 88-91. I spend so much time on this damn forum that I am getting threads mixed up. I need a break haha

There was no 96 SI motor in the US. Are you from canada? They had SI's, but they are the same as the USDM EX's with a D series motor. The seller was BSing you. The only thing which I can see him making a huge fuss about is the hydrolic mount on the driver side. Which to me is not a big deal. LOL you are sure he used the SI mounts just because he said so?

Anyways, you can use your current mounts actually. Just get the 99-00 Civic SI B16 driver side 2 bolt post, and use the Integra B18 rear t bracket.

Or you can go with an after market mount set-up from Hasport. You would still have to get the B16 driver side 2 bolt post though. That is, if the motor has the "normal" integra 3 bolt post on it. If you are going aftermarket, stick with hasport, they will not steer you wrong.
I really didn't care either way thats just what he told me, i'll post pictures of the mounts soon.

I have been looking online, already missed my dream engine complete for $500, for parts and engines and i've been seeing people switching C1 & C5 parts like the head. What would be a better combination for the maximum power output like a C5 block and C1 head & vise versa? Or even internal components changed like pistons and cams?

Last edited by Alex Cavender; 03-11-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 PM
HCF Member

I'd do what they've already told you and not worry about swapping parts around (that will require additional tuning) at least until after you have the engine in your car, and running good. You'll end up blowing through all your cash and not have enough for other stuff like brakes or suspension (both of which you will NEED if you're swapping in such a powerful engine)

your car was designed for 100hp. Not 200. The suspension won't be tight enough to go around corners as fast as you're going to want to. Your brakes will not stop you fast enough. swap the c5 in without doing brakes and suspension first will more than likely put your freshly swapped hatch in a ditch.

if you're dead set on a type-r swap, keep it stock until its in and running. those engine are high-strung and set up to make power. Bolt-on parts won't make much extra power.

Have you considered just turboing your current engine? If you are from the states and the engine you have is from a 99-00 si, then you already have a great engine for boost. If you have the 92-95 si engine (d16z6) its also great for boost. Either way, you'll wanna rip it apart and replace alotta stuff before you turbo it. BUT - it may be cheaper and better in the long run than swapping AND turboing.

My guess is you're young and haven't dealt with Honda engines much, let alone driven a turbo'd Honda before. Perhaps you should do some reading online, tinker with the car a bit.... get a little more familiar with the scene before you consider going into a swap blindly.

Just my opinion, no harm/disrespect meant in any way. We were all new to the Honda scene once. Its alotta fun... but its even more fun if you have a good idea of what you're getting into before you do it, that way you don't waste alotta money or blow an engine, etc.,

Old 03-14-2012, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Shandles
I'd do what they've already told you and not worry about swapping parts around (that will require additional tuning) at least until after you have the engine in your car, and running good. You'll end up blowing through all your cash and not have enough for other stuff like brakes or suspension (both of which you will NEED if you're swapping in such a powerful engine)

your car was designed for 100hp. Not 200. The suspension won't be tight enough to go around corners as fast as you're going to want to. Your brakes will not stop you fast enough. swap the c5 in without doing brakes and suspension first will more than likely put your freshly swapped hatch in a ditch.

if you're dead set on a type-r swap, keep it stock until its in and running. those engine are high-strung and set up to make power. Bolt-on parts won't make much extra power.

Have you considered just turboing your current engine? If you are from the states and the engine you have is from a 99-00 si, then you already have a great engine for boost. If you have the 92-95 si engine (d16z6) its also great for boost. Either way, you'll wanna rip it apart and replace alotta stuff before you turbo it. BUT - it may be cheaper and better in the long run than swapping AND turboing.

My guess is you're young and haven't dealt with Honda engines much, let alone driven a turbo'd Honda before. Perhaps you should do some reading online, tinker with the car a bit.... get a little more familiar with the scene before you consider going into a swap blindly.

Just my opinion, no harm/disrespect meant in any way. We were all new to the Honda scene once. Its alotta fun... but its even more fun if you have a good idea of what you're getting into before you do it, that way you don't waste alotta money or blow an engine, etc.,
It's the D16Y7 engine, the lowest HP of that year, with almost entirely stock body. Haha i'm not doing it blindly I already downloaded and printed the Factory Service Manual for my 92 honda, the current Y7 engine, and the B1 engine, so i'll know somewhat what i'm doing. I'm just asking so add things as I need to or whatever while it's already out and sitting there. I know I can sell the parts I remove because Honda parts always sell.