EK Swaps 1996-2000 Civics

99 sedan daily build

Old 07-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Default 99 sedan daily build

hey guys I've currently got a 99 automatic sedan with the monster of an engine d16y7. I got everything i needed to do a y8 mini me swap but then I got a smoking deal on a b16a2 engine and MANUAL trans with harness. I'm hoping to throw the b16 into the sedan but i would like to keep it AUTO. I know it wont bolt up to the d16 auto trans and i have a hookup with an integra auto trans that I'm looking at. I'm not too worried about it being a gsr or ls trans cause this isn't gonna be built for speed... yet.

Is this a good trans to get or is there another auto from a different donor car that could be better? Also I've heard the integra trans wont fit in the civic engine bay without cutting, is that true?

Once i get this trans stuffed into the engine bay what ecu would i even use to run the b16 and auto trans from an integra? and would i be able to use the factory civic axles or integra axles?

I'm trying to get absolutely everything figured out before i pull the trigger on anything but i want a reliable setup with full functionality (using OBD2, and all factory gauges working in the 99 civic body) - yes i know I'm being greedy

If this isn't really possible to do is there another engine and trans combo that would wake it up more than a y8 mini me?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm still new to hondas and I'm trying to make a fun little daily but auto is a must. Thank you guys so much in advance!

Old 07-04-2019, 06:48 AM

In the US, there is no such thing as a GSR auto trans. If you stick with auto, the trans will be your immediate limitation once you start adding power. From my understanding, these auto trans will not hold much more power than factory. I remember there was one guy who built up his integra auto trans for higher power track use, but it was a very expensive endeavor.

You could run an auto trans ECU from an LS integra, however, you wouldn't be able to use VTEC. Might as well just go buy an auto LS or B20 (CRV) swap and toss that in if you really want auto.

Why are you opposed to manual transmission? Simply making the choice to go with manual will eliminate the power limitations I mentioned above. Unless you go manual with these cars, it all seems like a waste of time to me.

Cheap, fast, reliable.... pick two.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:23 AM

Yeah after some more googling its looking as if this isn't gonna be as easy as i hoped. Definitely not a good use for a b16 if I'm gonna put it with an auto and not use vtec.

Only reason i don't wanna manual swap is I've got a big ol jeep that's a standard, and a race truck that is full manual as well so i wanted a fun car to toss around as a daily but that's simple easy and fun to drive.

Well thank you very much man that's some good info to know i really appreciate it.

Old 08-02-2019, 03:05 PM
Cat Fuсker

B20 with auto from a CR-V?