HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   EK Swaps (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ek-swaps-37/)
-   -   Doing a GSR swap (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ek-swaps-37/doing-gsr-swap-17374/)

CallawayCrazy3 02-20-2006 10:14 PM

Doing a GSR swap

I have a 97 Honda Civic DX and in two days im ordering the GSR complete change over off hmotorsonline.com. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever ordered from these guys and if they are a good site to order from? If anyone has anything to comment about them it would be great to hear from you. I am also getting a Skunk2 N1 catback and Weapon R intake. I just wanted to know how much torque and hp I should be expecting out of this setup? By the way I am getting the USDM spec engine so the initial tq is 121 and the hp is 170. I know it won't be much of a gain but what should i be expecting and will my car be decently quick?

Thanks

97_nw 02-20-2006 11:19 PM

RE: Doing a GSR swap

i cant give exact numbers, but 1st of all you will notice a pretty big gain over your stock dx engine..thats a given. the exhaust/intake will only add a few ponies so dont expect much. decently quick? depends, but imo yes it will be decently quick..the gsr has a nice platform for building on as well.

CallawayCrazy3 02-21-2006 08:11 AM

Nice nice. Yeah I'm real stoked I can't wait to throw this engine in. My intent for this car is to eventually turbocharge it and make my car a big time sleeper.

absoulute 02-22-2006 09:31 PM

hmotorsonline.com great choice me and my buddies only get our motors from there . i actually got a gsr from there works great and love it the only thing me and my buddies agree on is new axles since the axles u get are used it is well worth the 100 for each side to get the new axles and autozone has a lifetime replacement that i have used once so i totally recommend it.. good

remember a good tune up is good to plugs wires and rotor and cap...good luck with the swap

did u get the lsd tranny??

CallawayCrazy3 02-25-2006 09:17 AM

I was debating whether or not to get the lsd tranny for i think it was $300 more. Do you think its worth it?

Kedawei 02-25-2006 11:47 AM

For 300? Hells yeah.

skytanker2003 02-25-2006 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: CallawayCrazy3

I was debating whether or not to get the lsd tranny for i think it was $300 more. Do you think its worth it?
Don't mean to be a dolt, but what makes the Lim-Slip tranny so good. I just don't know the workings of it....

mentaldis0rder 02-27-2006 07:18 AM

as i am looking into the same thing right now.. LSD basically balances the power going to the wheels.. prevents one tire from spinning while the other tries to grip..

absoulute 02-27-2006 06:24 PM

worth it i have a b16 with no lsd and a b18 with lsd the b18 hooks up way better get it for the extra cash you won't be punching yourself later..