HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   93 LX getting some beef (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/93-lx-getting-some-beef-40006/)

AaaronF 03-13-2007 07:02 PM

93 LX getting some beef

just wondering if any of these will give me an preformance, or just better quality. i'm looking to tune my car up a little, get some beef.
- underdrive pulley's
- throttle body
- intake manifold
- hot wires

i've just heard people talking about these things, and don't really know what they do, or what kind of preformance i can get out of them. any advice would help.
thanks guys.

t34me 03-14-2007 09:03 PM

RE: 93 LX getting some beef

Underdrive pullys-less rotating mass= better acceleration, maybe not a lot, but a decent upgrade
Throttle body-controls amount of air into the intake manifold, bigger diameter throttle body=more air being taken in=more hp and tq
Intake manifold-stock IM can have restricted runners and un-needed bends, bigger and straighter diameter runners=more air flowing more efficiently
Hot wires-better spark, not worth the invesment for basic bolt ons you are wanting.

Over all, a good throttle body and intake are going to net you the most hp for your money. Look at BBK for the throttle body and for the intake...well....Edlebrok, Skunk, Venom..i personally rock the Skunk 2 with a BBK 62mm throttle body and am happy with it

Kedawei 03-14-2007 11:40 PM

Intake manifold and throttle body will yield some of the WORST hp per mod/dollar from what I know. Some well known racers won't even touch the throttle body because the gains are so minimal, even on 600+ whp monstors.

Imo, the best products for the out there right now without turboing your car would be a Z6 head swap, Z6 tranny, thin headgasket, akmee cam + valve train, SMSP header, custom header back exhaust, AEM or Injen CAI (still the best imo), Z6 intake manifold+ throttle body, and a quality tune on a Z6 or equilvalent ECU. Some other good mods wouldbe removing the PCV system, thick DIY ground wires, underdrive pulleys, removal of AC and/or PS, good clutch and light flywheel, light wheels (rota slipstreams rule), GOOD TIRES, even a LSD. Compression could get up to about 10.5:1 depending on headgasket choice, which can probably still run medium grade, but premium would be better; would make power to ~8k rpm, and last a heck of a long time if maintained. Basically, until the bottom end gave out, because all other bases would be covered. Power could get close to 150 at the wheels, maybea bit over that.

t34me 03-15-2007 12:06 AM

like i said, dont listen to me

AaaronF 03-15-2007 10:22 PM

ya, i was looking at the bbk throttle body, and i think i might be doing that.

Kedawei 03-15-2007 11:13 PM

Rofl.

AaaronF 03-15-2007 11:16 PM

mine is faluty anyways, and it needs to be replaced, what is the point in buying a brand new stock one?

Kedawei 03-15-2007 11:24 PM

Price. Grab a used 60mm B series TB off ebay or from a junkyard. It'll fit.

t34me 03-16-2007 07:33 PM

^True, i got my 62mm BBK for like $75 or somthing like that off ebay. It was slightly used, cleaned it up and you couldent even tell.

BillyB98 03-16-2007 08:36 PM

hey Kedawei i saw you said the Z6 intake manifold and a B series tb. I was always told that the Y8 was better than the Z6. This true?