HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   94 civic nos (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/94-civic-nos-40822/)

megafandrew 03-24-2007 10:20 PM

94 civic nos

hey, i was wondering if anyone can tell me what engine i have, i know its a 1.5L non vtec( its a 1994 civic cx hatchback) is it a d series motor or what? im confused about this. I also wanted to know if its possible to run nitrous on this motor, it wouldn't be a ridiculous spray setup, but a safe, setup, professionally installed. So what motor do i have and is nos safe? thanks guys

cderalow 03-24-2007 10:23 PM

RE: 94 civic nos

d15b8 if i reember right

BillyB98 03-24-2007 10:29 PM

I personally wouldnt run nos but thats just me. Its not something i would ever do on a stock setup.

megafandrew 03-24-2007 11:25 PM

ok kool, ill stay away from nos for now, i was just curious:) so i have a d15b8, id like to find a turbo kit or custom turbo someday and try it before a swap, someday when i have more money, and i will also someday be a machinist so i think id like to learn the stuff that actually gets machined, cranks and stuff/

Mr Mobsta Man 03-24-2007 11:30 PM

nitrous = f/i systemthat adds n2o (and sometimes extra fuel) into your intake
nos = nitrous company

Not interchangeable terms

megafandrew 03-24-2007 11:42 PM

yes i know the kit i was looking at is from nos, hey dont they make a energy drink?

Mr Mobsta Man 03-25-2007 11:08 AM

yea

skylinecivic 03-25-2007 11:41 AM

well depends if are u responable 2 watch urself on the road and taking care of it, personal i would get a intake so u can spray at all 4 pistion 80 shots basically 20shot per pistion 20x4= 80 shots to the motor more safer then what i am used of seening on a stock motor and setting up on 1 pistion 80 shot directly but serious damaged can be done if u dont keep ur eye on it...cuz u dont watch the spark plugs and the pistions rings the noa will eat the pistion rings slowly by time e****ally in a envirmont of warm summer and cold winters...i seen it happen and i have experience it happen also buts run but the main question is are u responable 2 watch and do what is need 2 be ur motor alive and well...

megafandrew 03-25-2007 11:51 AM

well yes i am responsible, i am also mechanically inclined, but from what i have read of your experience and advice, im not sure that i want to use spray any more on a stock motor, i think its something i probally dont need right now, lol but i will look into that i/h anyways ;) thanks guys

Mr Mobsta Man 03-25-2007 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: skylinecivic

well depends if are u responable 2 watch urself on the road and taking care of it, personal i would get a intake so u can spray at all 4 pistion 80 shots basically 20shot per pistion 20x4= 80 shots to the motor more safer then what i am used of seening on a stock motor and setting up on 1 pistion 80 shot directly but serious damaged can be done if u dont keep ur eye on it...cuz u dont watch the spark plugs and the pistions rings the noa will eat the pistion rings slowly by time e****ally in a envirmont of warm summer and cold winters...i seen it happen and i have experience it happen also buts run but the main question is are u responable 2 watch and do what is need 2 be ur motor alive and well...
You don't spray it all into one cylinder, you spray before the throttle body and it gets distributed between all 4 just like all the air normally does. 80 shot would normally be too big for a stock d series anyway.