HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   b16 typeR in my '93 del sol - what you think? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/b16-typer-my-93-del-sol-what-you-think-78362/)

Faramire 09-11-2009 06:42 AM

b16 typeR in my '93 del sol - what you think?

for those who have seen my other posts, i recently sold my '05 for a few hundred more than my minimum, so i have the money to now work on my del sol.

After talking w/ a few friends i've decided to just go NA w/ my engine and just go for a little over 200hp(since the car weighs around 2k lbs, i'll shoot for a 10:1 ratio..)

I think i've decided to go w/ the Type R, which is 182hp, (but i don't see torque listed anywhere..) and do the obvious, intake/header/exhaust as well as shoot for better pistons.

Since i'm not going for turbo, i'm looking for as much as i can do to my engine etc to get more power out of it, w/o putting a turbo or supercharger or nitrous etc.

My questions are, is the type R a good option? (or would a b18/20 be better?)

Considering i can get a Type R in my area for 3400, is that a good price? Or does anyone know/have a place online i can get it cheaper?

What should i do to the engine as far as parts/pieces go? (Header/exhaust/intake - What size pipes if i am NOT turbo'ing?) - should i do pistons? and what else...

HONDAKID 09-11-2009 09:31 AM

Well, a B18c would probably be easier to find, and if i'm not mistaken, correct me if i'm wrong, a B18c has 197hp with 138 lbs of torque , add on your I/H/E your easily over 200.

It's all up to you though I mean it's your car

trustdestruction 09-11-2009 09:43 PM

b18c>b16b

Faramire 09-12-2009 05:00 AM

Oh ok, yeah i was just looking at be series engines, and well... b16b is the first "Type R" that i came across, so figured that was the swap.

But, as far as putting in the b18c, Should i upgrade the pistons or any other internal piece to pull more horsepower? - I'd like to do anything i can right now, before the engine is put in.

Also, what size pipes should i be shooting for? 2"? 2.25? 2.5? .... smaller??

Faramire 09-12-2009 05:02 AM

Also, the b18c, is the GSR swap, not the type r swap?

Faramire 09-12-2009 05:11 AM

Also, there a decent site out there w/ the swap? - there is a place over here, but i want to check online to see if anything is cheaper, and possibly come w/ more parts that this place wouldn't.

I'm looking online, and for b18C, im getting bunch of hits, but they all vary in horsepower, and are probably not the correct b18c, since i'm getting 172hp, 180, 185... etc. Not the 197 that engine really has.

intenseneal 09-13-2009 08:28 PM

You are looking for around 200hp. If you have the money get a B18c5 from an Integra Type R. It makes 197hp right out of the box, as a P&P head, great cams, a 4-1 header, 11.1 compresson. With Hondata and a bit of tuning more power can be found with the stock engine. If you are like the rest of us and can afford a Type R engine, get a B18c1 and P7P the head and put some cams in it get a tune. Or build your own Ls Vtec Type R engine.