HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   b18c5 (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/b18c5-62721/)

Cyphen 03-19-2008 04:27 PM

b18c5

Okay, so i was at my gfs house and we decided to go to her parents house for lunch and what not so we pulled up said hi to her dad and her mom, and this pool and spa van pulled it to fixs my gfs dad newly aquired spa, because its havin a problem heating so the pool and spa guy looked at it and me and my gf dad ended up talking to the guy and, my gfs dad mentioned to the guy that hes a mechainic for ford motor company and has been for 30 years and didnt know anything about spas lol. So the guy said oh really i build cylinder heads for racing companys and stuff i dont remember what companys he said off the top of my head, but anyways he asked me what i had in my civic and i said nothing its bone stock d15b7, he said oh really i have a b18c5 fer sale i asked how much, and he said 2 large he said hed install it and everything fer 3 large, so he looked underhood of my car and said yeah this would come out and the b18c5 would drop right in with diffrent set of axles and computer, but is this true? can i use the original wireharness for a b18c5 and just get new axles and a new computer? somone please help!

PREKGSR 03-20-2008 10:43 AM

RE: b18c5

true , u need axles from and integra and the propper ecu to run the c5 and yes u can use ur existing harness u might have to add some wires if ur car is not vtec.

bakertime 03-20-2008 12:58 PM

You might want to get some references from the guy. It seems like he wouldn't have a hard time at all selling a B18C5 for 2K, so I would proceed with caution.

riceburner700 03-20-2008 12:59 PM

yeah 2k for a b18c5 sounds hot to me. you will need mounts, harness,ecu,axles, shift linkage

Cyphen 03-21-2008 12:18 AM

yeah dude the guy said 3 large for everything installed said it would take him 6 hours to install my car isnt vtec its just all cam, so the guy said it had 80k miles on it and he had everything ready to go to be installed and everything for 3 large he said orginal shiftlinkage from my d15b7 would go right in he got into muscle cars again and he wrecked his last civic it was in, so yeah. i don't know alittle more imput for my peepz here please =-D

riceburner700 03-21-2008 08:04 AM

if its a 96 or newer itr motor which it should it should have a green VIN tag on the motor and transmission. If you really want the motor get that number and run it down at the local police station, just tell them you might purchase this motor and want to know if its stolen

AgentofDarkness 03-21-2008 08:35 PM

The engine alone is $4000 on SunRiseJDM. I would be extremely cautious about this, if its sounds too good to be true it probably is....

PREKGSR 03-21-2008 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Cyphen

yeah dude the guy said 3 large for everything installed said it would take him 6 hours to install my car isnt vtec its just all cam, so the guy said it had 80k miles on it and he had everything ready to go to be installed and everything for 3 large he said orginal shiftlinkage from my d15b7 would go right in he got into muscle cars again and he wrecked his last civic it was in, so yeah. i don't know alittle more imput for my peepz here please =-D
well the shift linkage from ur civic wont work u need al del sol linkage , integra or si 99-00 and about the vin tag , if its a usdm then yeah look for it on the block and tranny but if its a jdm engine then good luck finding it cause jdm engines dont have vin tags

Cyphen 03-22-2008 11:12 AM

Alright thanks alot for everyones information on ths forum, only thing i need to know is if it is JDM should i buy it anyways due to the fact there untraceable? or does that mean because the fact its jdm i cant smog it unless i got a guy to clean the pipe for me aka illegal smog

PREKGSR 03-22-2008 12:45 PM

im not sure about smog , i cant pass smog test here but i know the guy so . . . :Danyway u might have to go to the DMV or whatever to get the engine registred under ur name so u wont have any problems if u ever get pulled over or in a road block