Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

B18C5 japanese! HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Default B18C5 japanese! HELP!!!!

Ok ok ok. I've been looking all through these and so many other forums for help on some specific topics for my swap. Here's the low down:

00 Civic

I found and paid a TON of money for an extremely low mileage B18C5 Integra Type R engine Japanese spec. Here's the problems we're (my brother and I) are running into:

We have figured out the wiring harness and the motor mounts (finding the mounts not so easy though). The problem right now is the power steering. I would prefer to have it (yeah yeah I guess I'm a *****), but the problem is that the line from the old pump has a different fitting that connects to the actual pump, where as the new pump has the wrong length hose and angles to fit in the same spot (since it was a jap car, it was going to the other side). So, questions I have yet to get answered. Is there a hose that I can get to hook it up right, further more does any one know where to get the driver side motor mount that will fit this, cheap? Or should I rip the PS pump and its crap out and deal with it to gain that bit of power and weight loss, in which case we are wondering if we can just rip it out and it'll be fine with some minor adjustments like some older civics, or will it screw up the steering?

Thanks for all your help in advance!

(When this is done, its going to be a one of a kind civic. Be afraid!)