HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   b20 (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/b20-6440/)

hondabboy 06-15-2005 05:34 PM

b20

man im sooo piss guys i went to tampa and my ls just completely gave out and now my car wont start. i took the car to my uncles shop and thought it was the head or the head gasket that was fried or broken. well it seems that neither of those were the problem i took the head off and i didnt see anything wrong so i took it to the shop today and now its getting worked on and i check the head gasket and it seemed fine. now when i took the valve cover off, the head had water in it and a lil of oil and water mixed. now i totally forgot if i drain the oil if theres water in the oil then the block is cracked or the sleeve is cracked. im hoping it isnt but if it is then im going to get a b20 from a friend of mine for about 650 the block and everything the only thing i have to do is put my intake manifold on the head of the b20 and then im all set. give me any opinion to my situation thanks.

AOL.COM 06-15-2005 07:18 PM

RE: b20

water in the oil ? either blown head gasket or cracked head [:@] -- but a b20 sounds better

hondabboy 06-15-2005 08:35 PM

indeed the b20 sounds good :D i mean the ls pulls but the b20 PULLS!!!!! lol well i took the head and the machine shop said 500!!!!! i was like wtf!! you crazy!!!! soo im going for the b20 what should i do before the b20 swap ??? i was thinking about getting cams or something like that lol

Kappa22 06-15-2005 11:33 PM

I hate to play devil's advocate, but a B20 is a bad idea for a high-performance motor, unless you've got more money than the Vatican (in which case, you might as well do an SR20 swap or something). Thin cylinder walls and a weaker, gruntier bottom end are just going to hurt you if you ever decide to start adding to it. It has torque to boot though, so if you're going to keep it fairly stock, then go for it. And don't let anyone talk you into a CR-VTEC...

sacicons 06-15-2005 11:39 PM

just throw the LS cams in the b20.

hondabboy 06-16-2005 12:00 AM

to tell you the truth kappa i wasnt even thinking about going the cr-vtec cause of all the problems and money like getting the b16 head, etc. but i am thinking about boosting the b20 just like i was going to boost the ls. and why ls cams sacicons??? more hp or something??? or just better result??? thanks

Kappa22 06-16-2005 12:01 AM

LS > B20 for boost. Always.

hondabboy 06-16-2005 12:04 AM

why is that?? is it because the b20 sleeves are thiner??? or the ls is a stronger motor to boost....

Kappa22 06-16-2005 12:07 AM

Well, those are kind of the same question. But yes, the thinner cylinders make for problems with the extra heat and combustion pressure of forced induction. You could grab an LS motor for about $750 probably, and it'd be just what you're looking for.

hondabboy 06-16-2005 12:13 AM

tru i see where your coming from. well i got this plan and tell me if its good. im going for the b20 and put it in the teg so i run around with something you know i need my car back asap lol. and then im going to take the ls motor get it worked on and ready for turbo since its out after that im going to get the turbo set up and swap everything at once get a tune-up and get that baby whooping some butt lol. and then i'll keep the b20 around just incase anything else happens. hows that?