HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   b20, h22 b16 h20... (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/b20-h22-b16-h20-36671/)

bmxedup 01-23-2007 10:40 PM

b20, h22 b16 h20...

ok guys its a time for a whole new motor in my 95 civic... I wanted to check what your guys opinoins are on motors for my car... And how much cost will be and all that good stuff. Im just asking for help so if you dont want to help..dont post. ok thanks HCF

drbyers 01-23-2007 10:49 PM

RE: b20, h22 b16 h20...

an H22a is relatively cheap and has serious horsepower and torque. but they're HEAVY.

that said, their extra 200 lbs of weight is more than offset by their greater power output.

b-series engines are starting to get kinda pricey because they're the tuners' engine of choice, as well as car thieves.

I'd personally go for a b-series since they drop in pretty easily, but the h22 is more of a bargain.

and see if you can get a JDM H22a. they have some extra horseys. the swap will be a little more difficult though, but im guessing youre gonna pay a shop to do it anyway.

bmxedup 01-23-2007 11:04 PM

yeah def... it all depends if my engine is blown.. mech. will check it sometime this week... but when and if i need a new engine how do i go about gettin one? im getting a loan from teh back...and hows much is cost

drbyers 01-23-2007 11:25 PM

you can go to JDM import sites, but you may be able to find cheaper USDM engines.

if youre looking for an H22 a good starting place would be www.preludepower.com's classified section. you can also check craigslist from major metro areas near your town.

be forewarned, though. there are always scam-artists out there waiting to scam noobies like you.

always make sure you can visually inspect any "front clip" you're getting the engine from. the front clip is the front section of the car that the engine swap is coming from.

often times, front clips are damaged or totaled during accidents. have a mechanic go with you when you inspect the engine your thinking of buying.

you'll need at least the engine, tranny, headers, uncut wiring harness and possibly axles and ecu, depending on which engine you choose to get.

btw, if you do choose an H22, you'll need aftermarket motor mounts such as Hasports (several hundred dollars) because you can't do the engine swap without them.

drbyers 01-23-2007 11:29 PM

hey bmx, these guys offer turn-key JDM engine swaps.

they even throw in new axles and motor mounts and headers. the only downside is that you may not be able to visually inspect the engines before buying them.

http://www.streetimports.com/products.asp?catid=184

bmxedup 01-24-2007 12:02 AM

yeah i found a deal just like that one one on ebay... but say ii have my car towed to the mech... Im gonna tell him what..? The engine is blown and the valves/pistons are clanking?

SHOULD I HAVE THE MOTOR REBUILT?
OR
HAVE MY MECHANIC THROW A HOLE NEW ENGINE IN THERE AND PAY OUT TEH ASS

Pete 01-24-2007 01:16 AM

JDM GSR. Do It. I did, No regrets. Def glad I didnt get a B16.

Forty04 01-24-2007 08:00 AM

ORIGINAL: bmxedup

yeah i found a deal just like that one one on ebay... but say ii have my car towed to the mech... Im gonna tell him what..? The engine is blown and the valves/pistons are clanking?

OR
option three, and probably the most popular here on HCF, would be to find someone familiar with swaps, and DIY.

Also, I would post the link to the motor on ebay, theres a lot of shady deals out there, and I'd hate to see you get screwed over due to your limited knowledge (<-not intended to be a jerk comment)

drbyers 01-24-2007 08:18 AM

ORIGINAL: bmxedup

OR
if the engine valves or pistons are clanking, that's not a good sign. at the least you need new valve springs, new piston heads, maybe new rods and possibly new cylinder walls if the walls are beyond repair.

its going to be expensive no matter what. might as well get something droolworthy if you're gonna shell out the big bucks.

i vote for turnkey engine swap from www.streetimports.com. like i said, they'll give you everything you need for the swap. and an H22 is the same price as a b16.

Fiirkan 01-24-2007 11:43 AM

F20B Euro Accord TypeR (damn you remmy) best bang for the buck
Valve Train: DOHC, VTEC, 16 Valve
Transmission: 5 SP Hydraulic(LSD)
Displacement: 1998cc
Compression: 11.0:1
HP: 200 @ 6800rpm
Torque: 147 lb-ft @ 5600rpm
Redline: 7200rpm

Comes With:
Motor
Transmission
ECU
Distributor
Power Steering Pump
AC compressor
Alternator
Starter
Intake Manifold
Exhaust Manifold
Shifter-Linkage

All for the low low price of 2500.00 USD plus shipping:D.... mand Remmy ever since you told me about this engine i have wanted it

http://jdmracingmotors.com/index.php...rs&motor_id=20