HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Best bang for my buck? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/best-bang-my-buck-37677/)

No_iD 02-07-2007 09:28 PM

Best bang for my buck?

Hey guys I have a95' Civic EXCoupe andI've been reading around and searching for what will give me the most sufficient horsepower gain and I was thinking about an engine swap to an H22A or a B series...well, I'm 17 and im not sure if my dad will want to swap another engine (I used to have an older subaru legacy and we've swapped 3 engines into it to get it running correctly) also, what would be the better engine if I am planning to stay N/A? What other mods could be done other than boosting that would give me the most bang for my buck?...I already have the basics likeIntake, Headers, Exhaust, Cat-back system. Any input would be very helpful...Oh yeah I forgot to mention coming up in the spring I will have between $2000-$3000 to work with.

Street Sniper 02-08-2007 08:08 AM

RE: Best bang for my buck?

2-3k could get you a turbo kit or a dual cam swap.

GReddy turbo kit

Swaps

t34me 02-08-2007 09:17 AM

if your staying NA, get the H22

Powermidget 02-08-2007 11:20 AM

If thats your budget id get a gen 1 B16 with an lsd and get all the type r internals...but if you doing all the labor yourself id get the B18c1...both will be good for na tuning...like a toda stroker kit

drbyers 02-08-2007 11:53 AM

h22a, especially the JDM h22a. it pwnz straight out the box.

No_iD 02-08-2007 03:41 PM

Cool, thanks guys...I'm thinking about going with the JDM H22A also, I'm new to the whole swapping deal and I was wondering how much room will be under the hood and if I should get an intake and whatnot for it, or will I not need it? Also, will I be able to use my headers and all the exhaust stuff?

WTB9295Hatch 02-08-2007 05:14 PM

Get one bad *ss nitrous kit and forget about it. Most hp per dollar.

No_iD 02-08-2007 05:16 PM

Get one bad *ss nitrous kit and forget about it. Most hp per dollar.
I think that might blow up my engine if I don't build it up....but that's just me

reaper2022 02-08-2007 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: No_iD

Cool, thanks guys...I'm thinking about going with the JDM H22A also, I'm new to the whole swapping deal and I was wondering how much room will be under the hood and if I should get an intake and whatnot for it, or will I not need it? Also, will I be able to use my headers and all the exhaust stuff?
The H22 doesn't take up much more than your D16, so you should still have plenty of room under the hood. If yougo jdm, it's about 200hp at the crank. If you think that'senough, keep it stock. Personally, once I swap to an H22, I'm going with stage 2 cams, a racing valve train, intake,intake manifold, throttle body, exhaust, etc. Too much horsepowerisn't enough lol

Also, since it's a different engine series, your D-series parts won't fit at all. Well, they might, but with a lot of modification