HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   best performance battery I can get... (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/best-performance-battery-i-can-get-60829/)

Lambo Civic 02-14-2008 05:28 PM

best performance battery I can get...

I have a Die Hard battery. I have no idea what model or what to say about it. I don't know anything about batteries but I do have a friend who can help me install it once I get one instead of bringing it to a shop.

It IS like 5 degrees F outside ... so mycivic won't start when it gets this cold. I had my civic checked for something else a couple weeks ago and they had trouble starting the battery and had to push the car into the garage. When the guy was finished with diagnostics, he explained what was wrong with the battery and what I needed to do but I forgot it all cuz everything he said went in one ear and right out the other. I had no clue wtf he was talking about. [:@]

I have one 12" subwoofer with a 1000 watt amp and another 1000 watt amp for the speakers. The guy before me had it installed, so I don't know if he did it himself or not but whoever did it did a shoddy job (wires on top of the carpet, etc). I plan to take everything out and put in a one-sub box with the one sub and probablykeep oneampin for both thesuband speakers. Regardless, the cold is obviouisly affecting the battery and it needs to be replaced.

What is the best battery on the market that I can get that will last and provide ample power for my needs?

Thanks.

riceburner700 02-16-2008 04:10 PM

RE: best performance battery I can get...

optima battery perhaps!

nebrown1 02-16-2008 05:04 PM

optima yellow top just got one for my civic $150 from advanced auto. the die hard is a good battery to you can go to sears for that

addiction2bass 02-16-2008 06:23 PM

well 1K watts for sub and 1K for speakers.... I BET ITS A NO NAME CRAPPY AMPLIFIER!!!!!!!
and that is no where near the RMS rattings!

but theirs two things you can do.
1 UPGRADE the ground wires on the motor, from battery to unibody, side unibody to tranny, power steering pump to front radiator support.
2nd even the alternators power wire to battery terminal.
upgrade them to AT LEAST 4gauge if not 2 gauge.

3rd best thing you can do is buy a higher output alternator along with the upgraded wires.

4th MAYBE if your willing take out that trash equipment and get some better efficient amplifiers.....
5th maybe a secondary battery in the trunk, just be sure to properly fuse it as well....

Lambo Civic 02-17-2008 09:06 AM

ORIGINAL: nebrown1

optima yellow top just got one for my civic $150 from advanced auto. the die hard is a good battery to you can go to sears for that
I don't know why I thought it was a Die Hard battery. I guess that's my mom's S10. It was Interstate. I was gonna swap the battery out myself, but I instead decided to have my backyard mechanic friend help me since I had never done it. I knew he only knows about Chevys in terms of everything but I figured batteries are batteries. Yeah, he suggested an Optima battery too, but when we got to AutoZone some dude told us that even the smallest Optima battery would be too big for my '95 civic. He said that we could put it in the trunk. So, we just went with a Duralast battery. It was like 7 degrees out when we were changing it--could hardly move our fingers but we got it in there. Car started rightup.Radio turned on okay, but I had no friggin sound. Don't matter. I'm gonna takeaddiction2bass' advice and swap everything out of there and change all the wiring. Don't know how to do it, but when I get the money to buy some better sound, I'm sure you guys will help me out. Peace.