HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   the best synthetic oil ??????????????? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/best-synthetic-oil-74157/)

the_honda_guy 03-15-2009 06:47 PM

The Honda filters are good, but the Mobil 1 ones are better. The only downside to the Mobil 1 filters is that they're more expensive but other than that they are great.

sfazngiants 03-15-2009 09:07 PM

anyone else have an opinion on sticking with mobil 1 oil filter or honda oil filters? if mobil 1 is better then, i will stick with them

Tiran 03-15-2009 10:30 PM

I used to use Pennzoil platinum and Fram synthetic filters (yes yes, I know, Pennzoil is only;y average and fram sucks)

Now I use Amsoil and K&N filters, definite improvement. Engine runs smoother and my filter actually dose a decent job of filtering.

ej6buddy 03-16-2009 10:28 AM

You guys know these are honda motors, they're not advanced pieces of equipment or finely tuned engines. The oil you use will not make a different in performance, as long as you change it at regular intervals, you'll see no difference from brand to brand. This topic always get drawn out too far. And there's nothing wrong with Fram oil filters, there's a reason why they're such a large brand stocked in so many stores nationwide.

inthezoneac 03-16-2009 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by ej6buddy (Post 630631)
You guys know these are honda motors, they're not advanced pieces of equipment or finely tuned engines. The oil you use will not make a different in performance, as long as you change it at regular intervals, you'll see no difference from brand to brand. This topic always get drawn out too far. And there's nothing wrong with Fram oil filters, there's a reason why they're such a large brand stocked in so many stores nationwide.

#1 tests have proven fram filters are garbage, just google it
#2 while many will not notice a difference in oils, that does not mean certain oils do not help to prolong engine life.

that's like saying, well I have a high metabolism so any junk food I eat won't affect me, when in reality, it still does.

lowlife9 03-16-2009 02:24 PM

i second that fram is garbage and you do get what you pay for regarding oil.do some research

ej6buddy 03-16-2009 03:45 PM

? Wait, you're telling me to do research? lol, give me a break, I stand by what I say. And don't take what I say to the furthest extent. When I say Fram filters are fine, that doesn't mean they're the best, they're fine for the conditions they're used in. And I didn't say different oil types don't prolong the life of internal comb. engines. And don't play analogies unless they're directly related with what I say.

I have a high metabolism so I eat a lot of junk food.

kylea24 03-16-2009 04:42 PM

valvoline synthetic power works for me, for the filter i like the K&N because of the wrench off

inthezoneac 03-16-2009 05:23 PM

well you probably want to reword it because what you said in your first post if way different than the last, just saying.

Willby24 03-16-2009 05:38 PM

I use mobil 1 oil and AcDelco filters. Works pretty well for me.