HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Biggest Engine EVER! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/biggest-engine-ever-24921/)

TheMoogly 07-08-2006 06:11 PM

Biggest Engine EVER!

What is the biggest engine (in HP) that you can put into an 04 civic? If there was no money limit what is the biggest engine that can be put in... what is the most hp you could put into a civic? Could a civic ever beat a muscle car like a cobra or a corvette? Have you ever seen or heard anything like that?

Nail I3unny 07-08-2006 06:34 PM

RE: Biggest Engine EVER!

money no question i suppose you could drop in a c32...but that wouldnt be worth it. look for a k20a, a k20a2, or a k24a4.

you can put as much HP as you want into any car if you do it right.

yes and yes. i've seen civics on mostly stock parts and moderate boost beating out vettes at the drag strip. (before anyone calls BS...88-91 CRX Si with a DOHC ZC...good for mid-high fourteens easy...then a garrett t3/t04e, running 7psi...c5 base vette stock).

TheMoogly 07-08-2006 07:25 PM

Now with money in mind, how much would it take me to really thrash a z06 on the street... and I mean stomp it flat?

Nail I3unny 07-08-2006 07:32 PM

a lot.

you're talking engine swap, internals (including sleeving), major headwork, forced induction...the whole nine yards. thats some huge money...especially with a 7G civic.

joe383 07-09-2006 12:36 AM

I’ve seen a 92 civic hatch back on E-BAY with a small block Chevy and a 6-71 blower sticking out of the hood. It still had the stock front tires and hub caps. If you had enough cash you could go that route. If it wasn’t for the blower it might have fit under the hood. If you pulled up to some one in a lot of traffic you could blame the noise on some one else’s car.

TheMoogly 07-09-2006 11:36 AM

Would it be less than 20 grand? This is only a wish list for when I am a rich old man with nothing to do with his money, kinda thing. All I want to do is be able to pull up to any kid in their car on the street and know that my car (although old and known to suck) will rape it. I would be willing to pay anything to achieve it. So more or less than 20k?

omgxitsxaxhatch 07-12-2006 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

Would it be less than 20 grand? This is only a wish list for when I am a rich old man with nothing to do with his money, kinda thing. All I want to do is be able to pull up to any kid in their car on the street and know that my car (although old and known to suck) will rape it. I would be willing to pay anything to achieve it. So more or less than 20k?
for about a good 10k u you beat the richmans 50k car. (asuming u already have a car paid for) if not. then like another 3-5k to buy a civic or whatever.

2fst4u 07-12-2006 04:30 PM

try getting a older civic lower the weight and try to get a jdm type r engine thats what my friend did to his 93 which wieghs aout 2000lbs he put a type r engine in it with ne header a hondata tunere any many other things and is putting out around 200whp now if u do forced induction on that god only knows what u can achieve he hasnt tracked it yet so no 1/4 mi times sorry

Marty 07-12-2006 04:49 PM

this is retarded