HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Bisimoto Cams (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/bisimoto-cams-58312/)

koots 01-04-2008 06:46 PM

Bisimoto Cams

Anyone running a bisimoto camshaft? I was looking into the D16 Non-Vtec cam stage 1 or stage 2. They are just regrinds but a suprising amount of power can come out of them. I was talking to a few people over on d-series.org that have quite a bit of power out of the stage 2. I was looking into the stage one because i have no access to tuning as of right yet.

So anyone got any experience with them?

Pete 01-04-2008 07:18 PM

RE: Bisimoto Cams

Do not get a cam if youre not planning on tuning it. Bad idea.

koots 01-04-2008 07:28 PM

I'm not gonna do it yet, just testing the water and getting some feedback, seeing if it is worth the trouble of converting to OBD-I
and learning the ins and outs of the various tuning software. I'm just building an attack plan for the future so that i don't rush into something and waste my time or money. Thanks for the reply Mr.Pete, If i could give you the thumbs up i would, but there seems to be no smiley for it :)

Pete 01-04-2008 07:56 PM

It wont be worth it just for the cam......BUT if you did the entire head and tuned it right you could make decent power gains.

koots 01-05-2008 06:49 PM

Thanks Pete! glad for the help, it's always appreciated :)

riceburner700 01-05-2008 07:53 PM

they make some good cams, just get the head build semi for the stage 2 like valves,springs,retainers maybe a port and polish and depending on weither your going all motor or turbo will determan how much power you will make.

koots 01-06-2008 07:59 AM

When i was planning on doing it, i was thinking of going with a stage 1 more than 2 because i am planning on doing some tuning myself and don't want to go to in depth at this time. I also wanted to ask if it is pointless toget the springs and retainers bisi sells for just the stage 1 cam. the motor is getting old so i figured i would replace them at the same time.

I've done a small bit of tuning on my old 98 GMC sierra, just enough to whet my appetite. I just want a little more power and some moderate tuning to get a handle for what may come in the future. What OBD-I ECU and software would you suggest running for tuning? I was thinking Hondata's with the conversion harness but i don't know too much about all this stuff for Honda's and i feel im asking n00b questions.

riceburner700 01-06-2008 08:07 AM

i noticed that you are running a d16y7(obd2) i would get a d15b7(obd1) p06 ecu with the conversion harness and install your hondata into the ecu and tune away depending on which s100,s200,s300 you get.

If you get a stage1 your stock valvetrain will be just fine