HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Civic EX Spark plugs (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/civic-ex-spark-plugs-30911/)

rok_spitfighter 10-16-2006 09:19 PM

Civic EX Spark plugs

Hey everyone,

I need some advice on new spark plugs.
Just bought this car used and it seems the HP is lacking and driving it not enjoyable.

I would like to go with NGK & Denso but am not familiar with all the bling-bling associated with them
(Platnium, Iridium, etc..)

Anyone got any suggests for the most affordable price & better than avg performance?
I'm looking to spend $50 tops.

Thanks and hope ya'll have a great day.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15125/7F58E6006A9640BC8B41604D0A2538E2.jpg[/IMG]

This is what i've got:

1999 Civic EX, 2 dr coupe,
5 spd manual
short cold air intake
16' & 17' front & rear tires

Forty04 10-17-2006 06:30 AM

RE: Civic EX Spark plugs

NGK OEM Replacements, cheap and effective. The only way to go as far as I'm concerned, especially with such a small amount of mods

Remmy 10-17-2006 08:20 AM

Ya, sparkplugs wont make a difference unless you run a turbo.

rok_spitfighter 10-17-2006 11:35 PM

Thanks guys,
So originals are the way to go eh?
The iridiums look so pretty i wanna get 'em.. they look like they'll push my civic faster with the smaller threads..
So it's really not beneficial for a car without turbo?

Any further comments would be greatly appreciated

99civicricer 10-18-2006 12:55 AM

i thought they would help a lil better ONLY if you had msd ignition or a turbo but the msd is out of your price range.

Forty04 10-18-2006 07:01 AM

ORIGINAL: rok_spitfighter

Thanks guys,
So originals are the way to go eh?
The iridiums look so pretty i wanna get 'em.. they look like they'll push my civic faster with the smaller threads..
So it's really not beneficial for a car without turbo?

Any further comments would be greatly appreciated
They'll be sitting 8 inches into your motor, who cares what they look like?! I haven't heard many good things about the iridiums, at least on the honday scene. Everyone I know runs NGK

Remmy 10-18-2006 07:59 AM

irridiums dont do jack ****

sacicons 10-18-2006 08:21 AM

I saw a dyno test in a magazine, and they did a before test with the stock plugs, then an after test with (I think) platinums, and they gained like 6hp. then just for kicks, they installed a brand new set of stock plugs, and got the same 6hp over the old ones. case in point, fancy plugs wont do anything new ones wont, especially on a stock or mostly stock car. put it this way, I have quite a few mods on my car, and i run the oem NGK plats (gsr motor is plat from the factory) and once i get my motor totally rebuilt, ill still run them oem.

rok_spitfighter 10-18-2006 02:05 PM

ok, i think you guys convinced me.
i shall look into buying NGK OEM spark plugs.
thanks!

any other suggestions is appreciated.