HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Crazy request - getting better mpg out of 94 VX hb (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/crazy-request-getting-better-mpg-out-94-vx-hb-24386/)

NickF829 06-27-2006 09:04 PM

Crazy request - getting better mpg out of 94 VX hb

so 50+ mpg isn't enough, anyone have any tips or any GOOD mod's to can do to increase my fuel economy? im not concerned about performance, just fuel economy. and no i will not buy a tornado spacer haha

thanks

nick

riceburner700 06-28-2006 12:01 AM

RE: Crazy request - getting better mpg out of 94 VX hb

better you can get the air into the engine and out smotthly and efficently will improve mpg, is the car stock? maybe an intake,header, and quiet exhaust would increase mpg more

finalimpact 06-29-2006 03:58 PM

as stated.....i/h/e will free up some flow and help volumetric efficiency. you can also run a chipped p28 and have it tuned for gas milage. running thinner tires at higher air pressure will help. make yourself an air defletor under the front of your car, cut holes in the rear bumper. theres just so many things you can do.

joe383 07-03-2006 06:02 PM

Electric water pump, underdrive pulleys, light weight fly wheel, aluminum rims, balance the rotating assembly, gapless rings (they seem like they should help with fuel economy), not sure a bout Hondas but I know in Chevy’s you can get cams that will improve your MPG, re program ECM for better fuel mileage, light weight parts like fiber glass fenders and carbon fiber parts hood/rear hatch, speed glass, lowering the car might help by making the car more arrow dynamic, keeping your windows rolled up when you drive can help, getting rid of your AC compressor, good ignition system like an MSD external coil kit with an ignition box, I hear headers and other exhaust mods like a high flow cat and help, make sure you have enough air pressure in tires and alignment is good, that is all I can think of.

Nail I3unny 07-03-2006 06:08 PM

as stated...I/H/E, then IM and TB along with hi-flow cat...cams to a certain extent...anything that will make your engine more efficient will add MPGs if you do it right. there have been D16Y7s that have seen 50mpg's with a turbo, catback, and a good tune.

riceburner700 07-03-2006 06:50 PM

turbos would be a biggy as long as you dont have a lead foot! and just cruise around town

:D<--guilty of leadfooting

moonbeam 07-03-2006 07:15 PM

Gas milage is all about saving money, but, your spending a lot of money on corbon fiber parts, high flow exhausts, alumuinum rims, light weight fly wheel, ect. you have to make sure it's worth spending 250 dollars on a exhaust system or something to save maby 4 dollars a month on gas.

joe383 07-04-2006 07:16 PM

This is definitely true if you buy a lot of expensive stuff like the parts I stated they probably won’t be worth the cost but it’s like the people who buy hybrid escapes it takes you about 10 years to get back the extra 5,000 you spend and buy then your battery is expired and there not cheep to replace. Just keep your foot off of the skinny pedal.

StifflersMom 07-05-2006 09:26 AM

I dunno....may be getting high mpg numbers is just like getting whp numbers? I would kill to have a 100mpg civic....just for the sake of saying: I go from Philly to Chicago on one tank:-D

Nail I3unny 07-05-2006 09:30 AM

dude on a 100mpg car you could go from philly to chicago on almost half a tank. (maybe 2/3s)