HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   D*mn Spark Plug Wires (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/d%2Amn-spark-plug-wires-7651/)

skytanker2003 07-18-2005 09:29 AM

D*mn Spark Plug Wires

I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. I bought the Nology plug wires for my civ and they worked fine for a while. But they haven't been clipping onto the top of the spark plug correctly. I noticed that when I installed them, they have a type of seal that is supposed to seal the top, but it has been more of a hindrance than anything else, just hard to keep them sealed on top. ANYWAY, back to the story. I rechecked everything engine related when I got a CEL, and found that 2-3-4 were just sitting in their holes. (Their positions from left to right, don't know if that is their actual positions). #1 was clipped onto the plug, but 2-3-4 were just being held in by gravity apparently. I KNOW this isn't right. I just don't know if I can put a pair of pliers in there and crimp them so they clip onto the plugs or what. Everything starts fine, but I don't want to be ****ing up my internals with wires that are just laying there. [sm=thanx.gif]

LEVIII 07-18-2005 10:16 AM

RE: D*mn Spark Plug Wires

Do you mean the Nology Hot wires that are like $150.00?

Remmy 07-18-2005 10:17 AM

I bought some Accel's that do me damn good and they were about $130

skytanker2003 07-18-2005 12:33 PM

Yeah, I went all out on that one. They are the same Nology Hotwires. Any ideas?

P.S. They came with a cool sticker!!! :D

riceburner700 07-18-2005 03:00 PM

gotta love the stickers i have the NGK wires and they work awsome[sm=pcwhack.gif]

skytanker2003 07-18-2005 03:30 PM

Do you think I can just put a pair of needle-nose in there and crimp them slightly so they clamp down on the plugs? Just don't want to mess anything up and have to buy a new set. Seems like the only option!

And I don't know about your stickers, riceburner, but I calculated the horsepower that mine add. The sticker has about 2"x5" coverage area, so it gives me about 2HP right there! But I have an advantage, because it is a sticker for spark plug wires, so it also gives me a hotter spark!!! HAHAHA!!!

93SiHb 07-18-2005 07:33 PM

i got some awesome MSD wires fit like they came with the car from the factory plus their 8.5 MM so it kicks Rump im happy with them they were 80 bux

LEVIII 07-18-2005 07:58 PM

You could try the clamping thing to make them grab better, dont clamp to much though cause for that price you should get a hold of Nology and let them know whats up. I would suspect they wold take care of you because the last thing a company charging 150+ bucks for a set of wires wants to have a bad name for themselves.

skytanker2003 07-19-2005 08:12 AM

Figured it out...Very stupid. Took them apart (what little there was to take apart) and tested them. Shoved a plug in each of them. They grabbed just fine... So I started playing around and found out that the rubber seal at the top to keep road dirt, etc. out was keeping the clip from getting far enough down into the shaft to even touch the top of the plug. So I trimmed it down and forced them on. Worked! My CEL was out when I started it up, and it runs better now, more pull! Um, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but what happens when the plugs are just laying in the shaft (I don't know how much of an electrical contact they were making, if any?) How bad will that hurt my internals. Also, why are two of the plug wire shafts longer than the other two? Anyway, thanks for everyones input!