HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   D15B swap (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/d15b-swap-36714/)

Fiirkan 01-24-2007 07:55 PM

D15B swap

ok so i have managed to solve my exhaust issue for free.. so i don't need a new exhaust... .yet lol. so am thinking on saving the cash frrom the exhaust, and put it towards a D15B swap(before anyone asks yes the JDM D15B) i know this should be a direct drop in my engine bay. i have a D15B7 right now. now my question... Axles, OEM? or what specific ones do i need?

And for the swap it self i am thinking on getting some poly bushing motor mounts. i will find them somewhere but if someone has a link right now that would be awesome.

Also i have to convert from auto to manual, i was told that i may need to weld in the shifter? is this true? i thought it would bolt in.

God i feel like such an uber newb right now... but i am venturing into a territory i have only looked at... actual modding[:-] lol.

on a side note, this is going to be alot sooner if the Dragon falls through on me, but i am gonna start getting the misc. part for the swap asap(like shifter and stuff like that lol)

finalimpact 01-25-2007 12:15 AM

RE: D15B swap

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

Axles, OEM? or what specific ones do i need?

Also i have to convert from auto to manual, i was told that i may need to weld in the shifter? is this true? i thought it would bolt in.

your current axles will be fine..............and the shifter bolts in...you will have to drill 2 holes in your floor to mount the shift stabilizer rod up. you will however have to weld in a 5spd passenger upper frame tranny mount into the car since the auto mount sits higher. a little rewiring and your golden. its not a hard swap to do. its like replacing a clutch +2-3 extra hours assuming you have all your parts and tools needed.

Fiirkan 01-25-2007 12:15 PM

when you say

you will however have to weld in a 5spd passenger upper frame tranny mount into the car since the auto mount sits higher
do you mean cut out the one i have now and reweld it lower? or do i need a whole new one?... damnit why cant it just be a direct drop lol... i waas planning on doing this myself but i can't weld for ****

ProjectGSR 01-26-2007 07:56 PM

hey fiirk you can by my d15b..*cough 7* *cough non-vtec* off me...

Fiirkan 01-27-2007 10:48 PM

^ har har har,.. i got the same engine[:'(] lol

Well looks like it will be put on hold a little longer, i have to replace my exhaust... World Sport 2 FTW it is!!

bigmikew1 01-28-2007 06:57 PM

my car is already 5 spd. how easy of a swap would it be for me?

Fiirkan 01-28-2007 06:59 PM

should be direct drop if you already have a manual and have the the right harness and ecu

bigmikew1 01-28-2007 07:08 PM

hmmm sounds like a good idea. and im guessing parts like intakes and headers would be the same as the 7?

Fiirkan 01-28-2007 07:18 PM

as the B7?... well if you buy the whole swap it should come with the intake and exhausts manifolds.. but yeah headers and SRI/CAI will still work with the swap

bigmikew1 01-28-2007 07:28 PM

yea the b7.
i shoulda been more specific. if i was buying aftermarket parts like aem v2, throttle body,cam gears, etc, would i buy the same ones thatsay they are for the usdm92-95 civic?