HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   diy hp gainers? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/diy-hp-gainers-45977/)

speedemon 06-08-2007 04:45 PM

diy hp gainers?

is there any at home horse power gainers or anything you can do on a budget to make some more ponies?

speedemon 06-09-2007 11:11 AM

RE: diy hp gainers?

i have heard of more grounds and wrapping the fuel lines in insulation to prevent them from getting hot. is there any little mods that can be done to make budget horsepower???

antrmo 06-09-2007 04:40 PM

timing advance does a little ,bettr air filter, helps a bit.

jojoerider 06-09-2007 06:00 PM

well there is throttle bodies or intake manifold. They are ez-erdiy jobs. I do know u have to drain the anti-freeze with the intake manifold so i would read on it a little bit.

jc6711 06-09-2007 06:34 PM

nitrous, I/H/E

ej6buddy 06-09-2007 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: jc6711

nitrous, I/H/E
he's asking for diy's, i'm pretty sure he's not going to have an extra bottle of nitrous or header just laying around. lol

as for the question:

advance timimg
clean filter
replace all fluids (if you have extra laying around) i.e. brake fluid, tranny fluid, etc.
heat wrap intake/exhaust components
clean engine (doesn't really help unless it's covered in grease and debris)
adjust tire pressure for whatever you use the car for (ex. auto-x, drag, etc.)
diy toe adjustment (there's another thread on how to check)
adjust camber if possible (more tread)
remove unneeded items in car (trash, anything that weighs a lot and usually doesn't go in a car, for example, your fatass! lol)
and simply drive the car when it's alittle colder.

Forty04 06-10-2007 05:52 AM

Its a Civic, they don't even respond that well to basic stuff like IHE, so don't expect much difference with the stuff mentoined above. THe only one that'll really do you good is weight reduction, but once you get too far into that, you start sacrificing comfort.

ryank327 06-10-2007 07:33 AM

Weigth Reduction FTW! Gut your interior and drop the A/C System. Buy about 20 lbs of dry ice and get rid of all that nasty sound deadening tar. Buy a crappy plastic seat for $50 but only ways 10lbs. All depends on how far ya wanna go.

speedemon 06-10-2007 07:47 AM

so weight loss is wanna the best ways to go? i have an intake, header, full exhaust and a vafc. i appreciate the help. is there truth in more ground wires freeing up horses? and insulating fuel lines?

ryank327 06-10-2007 07:49 AM

Yea IMO Weight Reduction is one of the best ways. I wouldnt say more ground wires but better quality ground wires. Not really a DIY cause Youd have to go out and by a nice grounding kit