HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   doing a swap, to a B16A (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/doing-swap-b16a-23784/)

Sleepin95CivicDX 06-16-2006 09:45 AM

doing a swap, to a B16A

hey guys, ive been looking to do an engine swap, and finally found one. i went to the local shop and this is the estimate that they gave me, let mek now what ya'll think:

B16 engine set $2650.00
Timing belt $62.00
Water pump $112.00
Frt crank seal $7.00
Rear main seal $12.00
Cam Seals $10.00
Oil $9.96
Tranny fluid $14.97
Oil filter $8.99
Coolant $12.99
Rear bracket $53.99
Ac bracket $142.99
Comp clutch Stg1 $275.00
Labor $900.00

Total: about $4271.89

does this sound like a good deal to ya'll? Thanks! (includes the 5 speed swap as well)

EDIT: I currently have a D15B7 engine with an auto tranny, so this is definately a much better swap

Nail I3unny 06-16-2006 09:01 PM

RE: doing a swap, to a B16A

bad deal. stay away. you can get a complete swap at sunrisejdmmotors for about half of that engine price and the only thing you need on top of that swap is the axles. the engine will drop right in...you dont need to change any of the mounts.

sillyredcivic 06-20-2006 12:31 PM

Well considering that youare also doing all of the maintenance stuff at the same time I think thats a pretty decent deal. Maybe not the best price on motor but your doing all the routine maintenance at the same time and thats installed. So unless your willing to learn how to do it all your self its seems pretty fair to me.

blackeyes 06-20-2006 10:41 PM

DAMN thats a lot. a gsr motor wouldnt even cost that much.

sillyredcivic 06-23-2006 11:51 AM

but then again you still have to eventually replace most of those parts anyway somwhere down the road. Its called preventative maintenance. I just did basically the same thing to my car(2000 EX), cost about that much, Yeah I could have done it cheaper and not done the waterpump, timing belt, clutch, etc. But then At some point I would still have to replce that stuff when it starts to break or leak or whatever. Yeah it costs a little more upfront, but hey, it still gonna cost you at some point. Might as well get it out of the way are my thoughts. Oh yeah and Sleepin....It worth every f'n penny of it!!!!! All together it cost me about $5K with the parts and install, needed some custom hoses and fitting cause I used a JDM B16a, needed some additional wiring cause I put and OBD1 motor in an OBD2 car( screw a bunch of emissions!!!) I have a list of stuff but you will have a different install than mine so I doubt it will do you much good!!! Do it though!!! You won't regret it!!!

blackeyes 06-23-2006 11:47 PM

i understand that, but i got a b16 swap for 2700,but then again i did got it done at a place thta mostly did civ swaps

ORIGINAL: sillyredcivic

but then again you still have to eventually replace most of those parts anyway somwhere down the road. Its called preventative maintenance. I just did basically the same thing to my car(2000 EX), cost about that much, Yeah I could have done it cheaper and not done the waterpump, timing belt, clutch, etc. But then At some point I would still have to replce that stuff when it starts to break or leak or whatever. Yeah it costs a little more upfront, but hey, it still gonna cost you at some point. Might as well get it out of the way are my thoughts. Oh yeah and Sleepin....It worth every f'n penny of it!!!!! All together it cost me about $5K with the parts and install, needed some custom hoses and fitting cause I used a JDM B16a, needed some additional wiring cause I put and OBD1 motor in an OBD2 car( screw a bunch of emissions!!!) I have a list of stuff but you will have a different install than mine so I doubt it will do you much good!!! Do it though!!! You won't regret it!!!