HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   dpfi to mpfi (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/dpfi-mpfi-499/)

ohbiskits 06-21-2004 08:47 AM

dpfi to mpfi

I heard that the best mod i could do to my 91 honda civic hach stock motor 1.5 liter is to put multi point fuel injection on it... is this true? Does anyone know if i were to do this is it going to be a noticeable increase? Alos could someone tell me exactly what i would need to do this, This guy i was talking to this guy in front of pep boys told me to put a 92- 95 civic intake manifold and wireing harnes w/ mustang injectors... i just need the info if this is right or not

please help

polo708 06-21-2004 11:46 AM

RE: dpfi to mpfi

I dont know about the best mod, but its a good mod. The best mod would be turbo/supercharger/or nitrous... something along those lines. Multi port fuel injection will take some time and probably run you some bucks.

NTX 06-21-2004 02:24 PM

You'll need the injectors, intake manifold, wiring and ecu from a mpfi civic. It would probably be easyier to just drop in an 1.6 ex engine from a 96-98.

ohbiskits 06-21-2004 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: ntxmotorsports

You'll need the injectors, intake manifold, wiring and ecu from a mpfi civic. It would probably be easyier to just drop in an 1.6 ex engine from a 96-98.
How much is that engine swap gunna run me and is that cost worth it?
thanks for the help

NTX 06-21-2004 04:45 PM

if you drop the ex engine in, you'll have mpfi and vtec all at the same time and because its not a dohc the cost will not be as great (you can probably find everything you'll need at a recycler for a few hundred).

ohbiskits 06-21-2004 09:27 PM

thanks for the info i may look into that...

ohbiskits 06-21-2004 09:47 PM

i forgot... can you tell me everything i need to do that swap... also is that motor going to bolt right into my bay or will i need to do anything...
i have a little overe 200 000 mi on my engine so its probably a good idea to do the sawp rather then rebuild right... i dont have the biggest budget either...but who does right.
thanks

NTX 06-22-2004 12:50 AM

With 200k you should do a rebuild if you want to run it hard. The swap would require some wiring, ecu and some mounts. You'll more than likley need some axles also.

The rebuild would more than likely be the more cost effective way to go.

ohbiskits 06-22-2004 12:59 AM

yea that sounds good i have this on another post in the nos turbo supper... forum but ill say it in this one too... i was thinking just to mod my engine and put all new internals as i get the money... what do you think about this a good idea?

NTX 06-22-2004 01:25 AM

new internals (crank, pistons and rods) in a 1.5 is gonna be costly and you won't get the power you could get with a swap but if you want to keep that motor and turbo it or add nos, you will have to strengthen the bottom end and add the mpfi.

I still think the 1.6 vtec is a good cost effective way to go. There are a lot of turbo kits and supercharger kits already out there for it.