HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Eagle talon motor in a civic? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/eagle-talon-motor-civic-51859/)

desert2007 09-13-2007 01:04 AM

Eagle talon motor in a civic?

okay guys so here is my situation. I have a 94 eagle talon TSI AWD 16vavle DOHC turbo. For those of you that know these cars they are wicked fast, i loved driving it around till the timing belt went and were pretty sure it toasted the valves, this all happened about 5 months ago and there it sits begging for a new timing belt and valves. So i was wondering. Anyone ever tried to put a motor like this into a civic? a integra swap just seems too easy, but its alot of power, this motor doesnt have "vtec" since its a mitsubishi (well basicly, same car different badges). Just a thought i was throwing around in my head. otherwise its got a nice turbo, i beleive its a garret, unsure on size but its internally waste gated and i think its got a built in blow off valve but again im not 100% on that.

So tell me what you guys think.

Eric.

classiccarsrule85 09-13-2007 04:47 AM

RE: Eagle talon motor in a civic?

I dont think anyone has......id say fix the car the TSI thats AWD for one so you'd need to hunt down another transmition and put alotta work into the harness etc.......stuf that I dont think is worth the value of a TSI since those sell quite as well as GSX's mitsubishishi eclipse....just my thoughts on the subject

My04Civic 09-13-2007 04:52 AM

ALOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTA work, i dont know if it would be worth is $$ wise.

RCJr9186 09-13-2007 05:47 AM

you get cool points for thinking about doing something that unique but stupid points at the same time lol j/k. the work that woudl go into making custom mounts and custom... well EVERYTHING would not be worth it unless you are some kind of master mechanic and welder. setting up the car for AWD would be a huge task in itself and i don't even want to think about what kind of ECU or harness work you would have to go through. i'm a mitsu boy through and through so definatly think it would be sweet to see a 4g63ta in there but i would definatly go 6 bolt if i did. the turbo on there (if stock) is called a 14b, they upgraded to a t25 in the 2nd gens (if you wanna call that an upgrade). yes the bov is "built in" to the uicp and it does recirc.

D16z6 09-13-2007 09:46 AM

I say just leave it in The Eagle and fix the engine. Plus how are you gonna transfer the awd to the Civic?

riceburner700 09-13-2007 09:56 AM

someone had a conversion kit that dropped a 4g63 into a civic a while back on ebay. its rediculus trying to get the whole swap to work and drive right. just rebuild the talon and buy a civic and swap a honda/acura motor in it

desert2007 09-13-2007 10:46 AM

yeah i was just toying with the idea. The car needs alot of love. The motor is fine other than needing valves and a timing belt. But it also needs a compressor and by now the turbo might be shot from just sitting around and im sure my dad didnt cover it up. The tint is coming off the windows, its got alot of scratches on it including one down the middle of the hood from the illegals running into a fence before they ditched it (before we got it), the guages dont work, it needs new brakes, and last but not least it needs new tires.

But those are just money issues. My biggest problem is that its my moms car, and if it becomes a running car, she will want to drive it lol. And im pretty sure she wont just give it to me because i had been trying that for the past year or so and she said there was no way in hell i was getting that car.

Eric.

MY99SI 09-13-2007 11:34 AM

if you want to sell that talon let me know.. i'll buy it if you dont live too far from me. i'de even come pick it up with a trailer