Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

EG Auto to Manual Swap

Old 12-31-2007, 02:41 PM
HCF Member
Default EG Auto to Manual Swap

So over winter break i decided to drive my auto 93 civic ex down to NC and get together the parts for a manual swap. When we pulled the tranny out i discovered why the car would vibrate at about 2-2500 rpms, especially around turns... the casting where the stud for the transmission mount was cracked, so the tranny was held on by one loose bolt. Scary to think what might of happened haha. So we pulled the engine out, took off the tranny and tossed it. I wish i had taken pictures of the process but i forgot all about it. The tranny and other parts took a while to get here which delayed my finishing date. But finally got it and started putting everything back together. Installed new clutch/flywheel/pressure plate. The engine was put back at the end of last week. We started it up tonight and everything ran and the clutch works, the tranny goes into all gears and reverse, the only thing i'm waiting for is the auto-manual conversion mount. Got one from innovative on the way. Its nice to look into the interior and see that short shifter sticking up from the floor. See that clutch by my feet haha, man i hate automatics. Might have to throw a turbo on this someday... yeah this isnt a hard swap to perform, just make sure you have all the parts before you start, and you can easily do it in a day or two. I just didnt have the parts come and then the first guy i bought the mount from never sent it, and i have no idea what happened to him, thank goodness i used paypal. Cant wait to get that mount in though and shift my car for the first time...

Old 12-31-2007, 03:16 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: EG Auto to Manual Swap

awesome, any pics would be appreciated!

Old 12-31-2007, 08:07 PM
HCF Member

Second that, pics of any sort would be good...like what it looks like now without the auto-manual conversion, your old motor, your current engine bay, etc.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:16 PM
HCF Member

i'll get some pictures tomorrow... i'm too tired tonight haha